Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Child excluded from bouncy castle party. Parents turn to Facebook to resolve the issue.

Options
  • 27-07-2021 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30,284 ✭✭✭✭

This story has being going around the net for the in the last few days.

When the original post was shared the mother with the bouncing castle was getting a lot of hassle and abuse of caring people and the girl was offered bouncing castles/etc. She then shared her side of the story but according to some if you've a bouncing castle everybody on the street has to attend.

We all feel sorry for the girl of course.

Is her mother/sister correct or a Karen?

What do Boards.ie make of this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭joebloggs32

I once joined Facebook.

Left after 3 weeks. Its a sewer.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 KellyKelly

Terrible situation for the kids involved, People forget we are still in Covid times.

Sarah's mother should have been there at the door, and they should have talked like adults about the situation. Its not fair for Kimberly who is now being Bullied for discrimination because she said come back later.

You cant let every child who knocks on the door come in and have a go on the bouncy castle, there has to be boundaries. Especially in Covid times.

If Kimberly invited her in, on her own, and something happened to Sarah, who is at fault here?

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭DarkJager21

Social media really brings the **** of the human race to the surface. A disability is not a carte blanche to go where you like when you like, nor is it something that should be used for clearly untrue point scoring when you don't reveal the full story but post sorry looking pictures on facebook.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

Before I saw the picture I thought the castle was in the front garden (or maybe in a common area) and they weren't letting certain kids (or the one girl) play or whatever.... which is awful behaviour but I still think its too far to "name and shame" them on facebook but I would be pissed too if it was my kid so understandable.

When I saw that it in their own back garden and it was a birthday party I think the mother is nothing short of a bint. In what crazy world are you obligated to have all the kids from the estate into your house just because your having a party.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,828 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Facebook huns face-off.

• Advertisement

Being a neighbour doesn't mean you're automatically entitled to an invite to any birthday parties.

IMHO, Kimberley (and every parent) has the right to decide who is invited to their child's party and in this case Kimberley did say the bigger kids would be let in for a go on the bouncy castle later.

But what Sarah's older sister did, was throw petrol on a bonfire.

You can guarantee there will be ill will between the families for god knows how long now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

There's a very strong sense of entitlement off Siobhan there, on behalf of her sister, and plastering it all over Facebook is weaponising her sister's disability. What a horrible neighbour to have.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,284 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

The kid apparently got offered bouncing castle to have her own party and also apparently a GoFundme was set up but I couldn’t find that.

I will admit I grew up in the country and you were either invited to a party or not.

You wouldn’t dream of turning up at somebodies door and asking.

Fair enough if the kids mother went to the door with her.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,577 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

This thread only serves to analyse the position of identifiable individuals. This is not a "newsworthy" story. It only leaves affected individuals the subject of unwarranted analysis

Thread closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement