Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Day of the Dead - US Pace -Syfy - (**Spoilers**)

Options
  • 25-07-2021 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60,338 ✭✭✭✭

Starts in October.

DAY OF THE DEAD follows a group of strangers trying to survive the first 24 hours of an undead invasion. This ode to George A. Romero’s famous flesh-eaters reminds us that sometimes all it takes to bring people together is a horde of hungry zombies trying to rip them apart.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

Hook it to my veins!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,848 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

its more a spoof style by the look of the trailer?

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 18,952 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

God. I wish they'd stop using the name 'Day of the Dead' for shit zombie things.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Yikes, that looked even more horrendous than I feared, and lampshading the wink-wink tone with attempted comedy like, "I feel like Deadpool" is not a great look IMO. Truly SyFy is really swirling the drain at this point, if I woke up and saw the news it had shuttered I'd not be surprised. Saddened, but not surprised.

Also, to the depth of Film & TV hell, I would cast that utterly overused trope of the camera pushing-in, a character cocking a shotgun, followed by an attempted "cool" line.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,338 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Started last Friday going to catch up with later today.

• Advertisement

Not great I think zombie genre is played out at this stage.

Ok 3 episodes in and it's no Z Nation however it is kind of growing on me with it's cheesiness and corniness as a cheap as chips Syfy show.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Watched the third episode and think I'm done

It's really really bad, the make up on the zombies is good but the acting and dialogue is atrocious. SyFy can do great shows like Resident Alien but seems on this one they gave them a 1000 dollars to make a series with it

Some of the scenes are excruciating to watch (could have got away with it in the 80's) and some of the actors are so hamming it up you would think it's a school play

Z Nation took the piss out of itself and it worked (til the later seasons), this show is taking the piss out of the viewers

Advertisement