Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIY Desktop Site Customisation - Use at own risk

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭archfi

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,180 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Change the border to 1px - the 5px is squashing it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

@fritzelly i can post full script i have if you willing to look into. perhaps i have some "dodgy" line, however some feeling that it comes from original unmoded code

Yeah post it

@fritzelly yeah, with 1px visually looks ok, but from code prospective its still wrong... or should i say different from other two

• Advertisement

Post your CSS

Guys, please don't use codeblock formatting - page again freezing browser!

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

Removing this it looks fine to me

border: 1px solid #4d4d4d;

i have converted all of mine into quote, i think, on that purpose. Noted that it wasn't this bad in the morning 😕

• Advertisement

disabled ALL my code, applied ONLY yours suggeted in this post still can see button different size pushing over bottom border

You still have the height css by the looks of it - just take the code you linked to and remove the border css i referenced

@fritzelly bet you there is extra "border" and it cross with my code. Disabling bolded parts gives visual at glance, but then it breaks other section of code as white border is present above what would be expected if hover over ->> red, as it happens to other two buttons (amber, green)

.Reactions .ReactButton.Quote, .Reactions .ReactButton.ReactButton-Like, .Reactions .ReactButton.ReactButton-Flag, .Reactions .FlagMenu.ToggleFlyout {

width:95px!important;

/*height:30px!important;*/

background:linear-gradient(#ff9900,#2f2310/* #ffa31a*/);

color: #213244; /*this effects only Quote and Thanks buttons font if .Reactions .ReactButton.ReactButton-Flag disabled" */

/*border:1px solid #4d4d4d;*/

display:flex!important;

justify-content:center!important;

/*margin:4px!important*/}

Increase border: to 3px and you will see red frame appearing inside/beneath white, compare to other two buttons and you will see difference

.Reactions .ReactButton.ReactButton-Flag:hover,

.FlagMenu.ToggleFlyout:hover .ReactButton-Flag {

color:red!important;

border:1.5px solid #f00;}

Thanks for patience.

I'm not following you with whats wrong

https://youtu.be/5VjkSQNyGWM

Yes! Perfectly reflected on 3-4 s on vid - "Flag" button turn red background, but remain white frame, where other two perfectly change frame color respectively

.FlagMenu {border:none !important}

.ReactButton-Flag {border: 1px solid white;}

a.ReactButton-Flag:hover {border: 1px solid red;}

Bingo!

Only needed .FlagMenu{} , placed above ALL other related to buttons, then enabled

height:30px!important; /*not that it makes much difference here and now*/

border:1px solid #4d4d4d;

All buttons same border, color and size. behaviour as expected on hover

Thanks for tip, next is ....coming soon

need to learn more about coding 😎

Thanks again

p.s.

You can't have 1.5px 😉

let me ask - code commands order in sequence matter or am i mistaking?

Seriously!, hmmm neither stylus nor Notepad++ complain about it. weird, but makes sence providing px is smalest unit 😀

• Advertisement

Depends...

Where the class has the same specificity then the last one wins but in this case ReactLabel wins as it has more specificity even tho its for the same element, but add !important to the span and it wins

.ReactLabel {color:red}

span{color:orange}

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/CSS/Specificity

You guys have workaround for this ?

no CSS code applied

CSS on

The homepage and profile edit page can't be made full width or those options and the announcements go to the bottom of the screen.

/* Check Homepage etc. for change width */
      if (window.location.pathname === "/") {
        $('body').addClass('no_wide');
      } else {
        var pathname = window.location.pathname.split('/');
        if (pathname[1] == "profile" && pathname[2] == "edit") {
          $('body').addClass('no_wide');
        }
      }

In my extension I'm working on, I exclude that class for widening the content.

I'm using Stylus on firefox, there is an option to exclude current url which I have done for the edit profile page to show those options.

Extension icon-->Css active for boards (whatever the name you use) --> three dots--> exclude current url

(https://www.boards.ie/profile/edit/USERNAME)

@Ads by Google guess its JS, unfortunatelly, on my third day in coding .....

@archfi this in turn would remove ALL stiling from that page, unless make separate stiling just for that section and control there. might try.

Thanks

seams got around it by moving these two on separate CSS and disableing for profile URL.

.Content.MainContent { width: 100% !important; flex-shrink: 0 !important; }

.Panel-main { display: none !important;}

i hope whoever reported my post as spam was testing something...ignore my next sentence if that's the case.

Again, boards need to sort out the 'reaction' count or reset the flag reactions if they 'count' against users when they finally get their house in order - that is only giving a gun to genuinely problematic posters.

Everyone has been testing it, Im sure or hope they reset it

wonder is person who did it click again, does that remove it? It does for "Like" .... hm mhhh ... "Thanks"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Advertisement