Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boards Monthly LMS

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,581 ✭✭✭Xander10

McBain11 wrote: »
    Another FPL season over, and an exciting end to this competition with Scorpion Sting coming out on top after a big scoring final gameweek. Fair play to all who made the top 4 places, the standard was fierce once more this season.

Final Monthly LMS Table

1. Scorpion Sting (TheresOnlyWanBissaka) = 312
    2. patmac (The Blood Crows) 295 - 8 = 287
    3. Lamper.sffc (LeedsFinallyBack) 290 - 4 = 286
    4. normanoffside (smugdrugglers) = 266

Prize Payout
    1. Scorpion Sting (TheresOnlyWanBissaka) = 600 euros
    2. patmac (The Blood Crows) = 200 euros
    3. Lamper.sffc (LeedsFinallyBack) = 125 euros
    4. normanoffside (smugdrugglers) = 75 euros

Any issues with the scores or payouts above, please let me know asap. I will get all winning monies transferred in the next day or so.

Just wanted to say a big thanks to everyone who has competed in this years Monthly LMS competition and also all the previous editions. Unfortunately, it looks like I won't have the time to run this come August as work will be taking up a lot more of my time. I'm hoping to still enter in most of the boards FPL leagues though as the FSA it really is a great community on here.

On that note, if anyone wants to take the reigns in this competition or the Champions League style competition I ran going forward, feel free to just use the layouts as they are. I think the Monthly LMS has actually turned into a pretty good comp as well once the first eliminations don't take place too quickly, giving everyone a fair rattle at it!

It's been great and appreciate how time consuming this must have been for you. Could maybe help someone out with running next year's, not sure how confident I would be organizing on my own.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Another FPL season over, and an exciting end to this competition with Scorpion Sting coming out on top after a big scoring final gameweek. Fair play to all who made the top 4 places, the standard was fierce once more this season.

Final Monthly LMS Table

1. Scorpion Sting (TheresOnlyWanBissaka) = 312
    2. patmac (The Blood Crows) 295 - 8 = 287
    3. Lamper.sffc (LeedsFinallyBack) 290 - 4 = 286
    4. normanoffside (smugdrugglers) = 266

Prize Payout
    1. Scorpion Sting (TheresOnlyWanBissaka) = 600 euros
    2. patmac (The Blood Crows) = 200 euros
    3. Lamper.sffc (LeedsFinallyBack) = 125 euros
    4. normanoffside (smugdrugglers) = 75 euros

Any issues with the scores or payouts above, please let me know asap. I will get all winning monies transferred in the next day or so.

Just wanted to say a big thanks to everyone who has competed in this years Monthly LMS competition and also all the previous editions. Unfortunately, it looks like I won't have the time to run this come August as work will be taking up a lot more of my time. I'm hoping to still enter in most of the boards FPL leagues though as the FSA it really is a great community on here.

On that note, if anyone wants to take the reigns in this competition or the Champions League style competition I ran going forward, feel free to just use the layouts as they are. I think the Monthly LMS has actually turned into a pretty good comp as well once the first eliminations don't take place too quickly, giving everyone a fair rattle at it!

Appreciate all the effort. Thanks again.

I was just delighted to be competing on the last day. Was good fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

McBain, cheers for running. I went out early this year but I’ll be back next year to try and regain my title

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭McBain11

If Lamper.sffc spots this can you leave a note on this thread or PM with your paypal or Bank IBAN details. Cheers.

Lads, monies sent out to 3 of the 4 winners. Enjoy folks.

If Lamper sees this send me a message with paypal or bank details. Have tried PM but no response.

• Advertisement

Lads, monies sent out to 3 of the 4 winners. Enjoy folks.

If Lamper sees this send me a message with paypal or bank details. Have tried PM but no response.

Message sent. Tks

All winning monies sent on. If there are any issues with monies not landing let me know lads.

Enjoy the summer and a well earned rest.

Are we going again?

Id be up for it too. If someone is taking it over?

Willing to run, if no one else interested. Can post up a thread later this week with first refusal for last year's players, if no objections.

Played this the last couple of years and it would be a shame if not kept going. Should be just a case of replicating McBain's rules from last year.

• Advertisement

Xander10 wrote: »
    Willing to run, if no one else interested. Can post up a thread later this week with first refusal for last year's players, if no objections.

Played this the last couple of years and it would be a shame if not kept going. Should be just a case of replicating McBain's rules from last year.

Fair play to you. Im definitely interested.

Sorry, I completely missed that McBain said he was out for next season.

I’m happy to run this or the CL, thought they were both really good formats

I offered because no one else seemed available. Happy for you to run it.

Thanks to the lads if either of you are taking up the mantle of running the monthly lms.

Count me in anyway once it's up and running.

If you're happy enough to win this I'll run the champions league comp

I'd be very happy to win it😀 presume you meant run it!

I will set up a new thread in the next few days. Site updates seems to be making things a bit more user friendly.

Re comp, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" So I will pretty much C&P McBain's rules.

Just a couple of observations re fixtures. There are 3 game weeks in August & only one game week in May. If we got the max of 20, I would propose the following, which will avoid 3 eliminations in any one month and a consistence 2 eliminations each month up to the final four shoot out as follows:

August: 2 eliminations ( 3 game weeks, bit of a war of attrition, don't get off to a sleepy start)

Sept: 2 eliminations

Oct: 2 eliminations

Nov: 2 eliminations

Dec: 2 eliminations

Jan: 2 eliminations

Feb: 2 eliminations

Mar: 2 eliminations

Apr & May: last 4 fight it out for places 1,2,3,4 (5 game weeks in April & 1 game week in May combined. A good long test to sort the final placings and the ultimate champion).

Any thoughts on above?

Based on getting the 20 max. It's a good comp that McBain devised, so would be hopeful of getting 20 players.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

There’s three gameweeks in May.

Doh!

can amend to 1 elimination in Aug & sept. And 2 eliminations Oct - April. Final four compete in May.

Why not just two eliminations at the end of September?

like I said, open to suggestions. that's an option ok. Can go when the main consensus.

• Advertisement

Think you're best going with first eliminations at the end of September. Whatever number of players eliminated at that point isn't that big an issue, but it's absolutely cut throat if people are eliminated at the end of August after only 3 gameweeks, especially when putting 50 euros in the pot.

I think it was 3 years I ran this format, and only last year changed it away from first players eliminated after 2/3 gameweeks. Far fairer competition for it imo.

You could essentially copy and paste most of the first few posts in this thread, tweak the numbers eliminated at the end of December, January etc based on number of fpl gameweeks in those months and you're set. I'd make sure to leave in any covid criteria etc I put in, because if things go wrong like in 19/20, it becomes a complete sh*tshow to sort out.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭duefrine

Count me in for the champions League format.... Really enjoyed it last season....

Agree that August is a tad early for eliminations, other than that I am looking forward to it ...

• Registered Users Posts: 32,765 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Will be in for both the Champions League (defend the throne) and Monthly LMS for sure

I’m in.

I'll be interested in both LMS and Champions league. Didn't try the Champions league one last year. Id like to give it a go, if its on.

Back in for both, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭AdpRo

In for both again, thanks

Advertisement