Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tour de Burren 100km

• 15-07-2021 8:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭

Anyone know the route that for the Tour de Burren 100km takes.

Might be up that way in a couple of weeks.

Have tried everywhere including their website but no luck.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭strmin

Try strava for example: https://www.strava.com/routes/18652443

• Registered Users Posts: 5,800 ✭✭✭fat bloke

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭hesker

Thanks. I tried searching within Strava but got nowhere and I put that down to not having a paid subscription.

However doing a google search for “Tour de Burren site:Strava.com” gives me a lot of hits.

Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

it's a tough cycle be warned

Great. Tough is exactly what I need.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

It's been a few years since i struggled around the Burren, i remember some very sketchy roads and the constant wind.

To put it kindly it's " character building" https://ridewithgps.com/routes/1333788

Corkscrew hill is in there somewhere, its a brute, gallows hill is another one, it's a wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Fyi - The route you are trying to view is not public is the message one gets when trying to click that ridewithgps route.

Well I did it. 104km. What a beautiful day for a cycle. Scenery either side of Ballyvaughan was spectacular.

I didn’t find it particularly tough but I was keeping the pace fairly light given the heat. Also did it anti-clockwise which probably made Corkscrew Hill a lot lot easier. Will have to do it the other way next time. Roads a bit lumpy but still a great route.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

well done you 🏆️

Advertisement