Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BMW G20 330i 2019

Options
  • 24-07-2021 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi all,

I’m currently looking into buying a 2019 G20 330i. Mainly due to the lack of 330i F30’s in the market, as these would certainly be more kind to my wallet.

I was wondering about your opinions on their current market value, as from what I’ve seen they seem to be the same price as a 320d and 330e of the same year. Around the 40k price point.

Would you say it would difficult to sell a 330i privately in a couple of years time?

Is the market for the 330i really as small as I think it is?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,147 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

There was a considerable price difference when new between a 330i and a 320d/330e meaning they always sold in small numbers here. The G20 330e is a popular model here now because of the grants which have now been halved and cheaper imports till Brexit happened. However used prices of the 330e are going up so a 330i could be appealing to someone who has no intention of plugging in a 330e (there are lots of people out there who never plug in their PHEV). 330i handles a bit different to the 330e also due to the lack of weight from the batteries.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

I think a 5 to 6 year old 330i would be an easy enough sell in 3 to 4 years. Someone will want one and there won't be many around. Should be still in the 20 to 25k price bracket

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

The 330i is nearly 300 kilos lighter than the 330e, has a real boot and a proper fuel tank and the emissions and tax are still very reasonable. It's the model to go for if you enjoy driving, and a BMW is meant to be a 'driving machine' after all.

I wouldn't be worried about not being able to sell it, a conventional ICE car is still going to be interesting to people, I'd be more worried about resale values in a plug in to be honest, just look at the advances in performance (40 extra bhp) and battery range (60 km rather than 30 km) when you compare the F30 330e with the G20. One imagines they'll move it on even further when the facelift is due next year. The F30 330e looks out of date already.

The only thing against it is that it is just a four cylinder engine rather than a straight six like you got in the E46 or E90 330i. The six pot engines are just such glorious things to drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 NoDiice

Thanks all for sharing.

Realistically I would be selling on to a dealer, so I'm not even sure I would get the 25k after the 3-4 years of ownership. I don't know if people are okay with being a car without dealer warranty for that sort of money.

That's a very good point on the 330e possible depreciation, when the LCI G20 comes along. I didn't know VRT prices increased even from NI cars. Read in a post it was around 800 euro to VRT a F30 330e a few years ago. I believe that's gone up to around 2k euro. A 330i seems to be 10k euro, which rules out importing one, as they work around being the same price if found in Ireland.

The 330i model is the only one I'm currently looking to get, otherwise I'll keep my current car until another opportunity arises.

The M340i would be a dream, but AFAIK they only come in Xdrive in Ireland, besides of course, being way out of my current budget anyway!

Advertisement