Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Electric VAN repair

Options
  • 22-07-2021 8:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭

Have a 2012 Renault Kangoo KE that has a serious charging issue ( "impossible to charge" errror message )

Local mechanic flummoxed

Anyone recommend a good electric mechanic

Based up near the border but will travel

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭Buffman

I know normally you'd never go near a main dealer with a vehicle that age, but it might be the quickest solution for you. A lot of their mechanics are now trained up on EVs and it could be a common problem that they might sort quicker.

As far as I know Renault are still making an updated version of that model ZE as the new third generation Kangoo is only starting production.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭silver_sky

Have a look at hevra.eu. They're an association of independent garages that service hybrid and electric vehicles. They have a map with few garages on the island, with 2 up north. Other option may be to get in touch with the guys at Range Therapy (rangetherapy.org), they might not be able to help but may be able to direct you to someone who can.

EDIT: one thing I thought of, on the ZOE it tends to throw some mad errors (like the Battery Charging Impossible) if the 12V battery is worn out. Commonly that error is with the charge point and not the car but an old 12V causes strange happenings.

Have you changed the 12V recently? If not, I'd say to get on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,899 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Zoe / Kangoo are not the only EVs that throw strange errors when the 12V is low! Good advice to check the 12V and replace if it's on the way out. Cheap DIY fix and prevents all sorts of trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭celtic_oz

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭silver_sky

Ah feck... if you exhaust other options and truly have to go to a Renault dealer my recommendation would be to bring it to Renault Belgard Service in Dublin. They're owned by Renault, not franchised. The tech there has been great with some issues I had. In comparison, my dealings with a franchised dealer have been so-so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭zg3409

Try contacting this guy on Facebook. He's very expert on Zoe errors, might be able to direct you. Based in Cork has a YouTube channel and contacts on forums etc

https://www.irishevowners.ie/author/dexter1979/

Advertisement