Advertisement
How to add spoiler tags, edit posts, add images etc. How to - a user's guide to the new version of Boards
Mods please check the Moderators Group for an important update on Mod tools. If you do not have access to the group, please PM Niamh. Thanks!

Considering the recent re-vamp will you continue to use boards?

Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭ ec_pc

This is a public poll: others will see what you voted for.

Comments

• Yes

Yes on this side, just hopefully it starts to become functionally easier, I will give it sometime

• Advertisement

• Yes

Yes, but it's time to a few extra temporary developers in to sort all the issues.

Not only did yesterday's update not work, it also caused the annoying notifications spam.

• Advertisement

• if they could restore my Forums i would be overjoyed as I rarely post other issues dont really bother me. But its a bit of a pain to log on at the moment. Were boards aware that The Forum section would have been altered during the change over I saw a comment on Clare Hurlers Site today making fun of the fiasco that has ensued from the change over

• Yes

Of course. This is the only decent major Irish forum in my opinion.

• Yes

Yes, i will continue using Boards - although it is proving a bit fiddly at the moment, not being very tech savvy. Keeping fingers crossed that it may improve given more time and that I'll just get used to it! I only access Boards on iMac or iPad and don't bother checking it out on mobile, so that's not a bother to me.

• No

I voted no, I will use it a hell of a lot less, not a fan of the less user friendly re-vamp.

• Advertisement

• Yes

Voted yes.

Its a pain at the moment, but it'll get sorted and this will all blow over

• i'd like to but there are far less posts to read, and the date order is all over the place on what posts there are, it will come to the point it won't be worth the bother.

• No

It's a nightmare. I am completely lost. I think I will just access it annually to check nfl Fantasy football stuff.

• Yes

I come for the content so yes I’m still going to use it. It will probably improve. I do miss being able to see the users who thanked the post beneath it though. I like the number of new posts counter in the thread list. The range of emojis is greatly improved. I don’t use loads of them. But they can be so helpful when trying to convey tone. Its also much easier to post pics now 😀

• No

Probably not.

• Yes

I voted yes.

That said, I am using it less because of the drop in user interface standards and I know it's only a matter of time before the standard of posts drops.

Traction, traction, traction, that's what it all about.

• Yes

Yes. But its a lot more bulky and less concise. I do want the old "My Forums" link that was at the top right. That was how I navigated my favourites. It's also much, much slower than before.

The transfer across was a complete shambles, that company should be sacked immediately.

• Yes

voted yes but more in a third catagory of i will give a while to see

. i will stick it out for a few weeks or months hoping that they can resurect the forum. if they cannot then it will proably be no after that

• Advertisement

• Yes

I'm a bit lost...but I'll be hanging in for the moment and giving it a chance. I'm not a frequent poster but I like to lurk and I would miss it a lot. The other social forums like facebook and Twitter are just not for me. Boards feels a lot more "sound"......so please don't leave guys!!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement