Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Considering the recent re-vamp will you continue to use boards?

• 21-07-2021 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭

Considering the recent re-vamp will you continue to use boards?

Considering the recent re-vamp will you continue to use boards? 818 votes

Yes
    44%
    ToulouseastrofoolnothingbyteBArraStarkGer RoeednwirelandcarbsyCreamy GoodnessGerardKeatingembraer170RobertFosterkrinpitjonskiAlunmurfFaithCyrusdeadduck 360 votes
    No
    55%
    SlaaneshgandalfTheboinkmasterbkehoeAnimajhegartyselephonicSlutmonkey57bspeedfreakARGINITENuphorQuigs SnrmachiavellianmeSteMAnnasoprakazoo106feylyafenrisPsygnosisPherekydes 458 votes
    Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Melanchthon

Yes

Definitely yes, I really hope it doesn't get decimated by this change, despite my extreme annoyances at times over the many years with this site if it dies I would miss it, having now had more expose to other forums/Reddit made me realise that this place is generally pretty good.

At the minute despite wanting too though I am finding it very hard on mobile.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

Yes

Yes, but sadly a lot less. I can't find my previous posts easily so it's a lot harder to have a conversation.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,047 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Yes

Yes, but in the current setup where the ability to simply and quickly find discussions on a discussion site, it will be less. It's just too difficult. I'm mostly on desktop, but would log in on mobile every so often. Not any more on the latter.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭granturismo

Yes

Please bring back the drop down menus at the top of the web page.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭TallGlass2

Yes

Yes on this side, just hopefully it starts to become functionally easier, I will give it sometime

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Yes

This.

Also, what happened to the thanks system? That was one of the best thing about boards.

NO I will be deleting my account this week.

I tried to do it but there's no function at present. I was told by a moderator, even he does not know how it's done.

I always liked how it was not attached in anyway to social media per se, now the twitter and facebook logo is shown in earnest, it's a no from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,277 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Yes

Yes, but it's time to a few extra temporary developers in to sort all the issues.

Not only did yesterday's update not work, it also caused the annoying notifications spam.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

No

I shall try, but it's very isolating and difficult now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Not being able to see my previous comments is ridiculous, if they don't sort that soon I'm outta here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭celt262

I will give it some time but I'm not a fan of the new setup atall.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭sliabh 1956

if they could restore my Forums i would be overjoyed as I rarely post other issues dont really bother me. But its a bit of a pain to log on at the moment. Were boards aware that The Forum section would have been altered during the change over I saw a comment on Clare Hurlers Site today making fun of the fiasco that has ensued from the change over

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭The DayDream

Yes

Yes but I will probably only drop in if I really need to post a question or start a thread where I think I cant get the answer else where. Not gonna hang out and scroll or tap around as I hate the changes visually and it is much less inviting or comfortable as the older version.

I probably won't use it at all for at least the next month because if everyone carries on using it, they devs will keep it this way. You have to vote with your feet, or fingers/eyes, whatever you use the internet with.

It's easy to say that people just don't like change, but so many sites, workplace software Ive used, etc when they change it they make it worse and this flop of a revamp is just another on a long list of yahoo! type head scratchers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,204 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

No

Haven't use it as much cant seem to find my way round, don't get any updates anymore on forums ive posted in or followed forums or find my last post, so don't follow, will this comeback?

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭The DayDream

Yes

That's a good point. Many users like boards specifically because it isnt like FB or twitter. Even those who use other social media probably enjoy the boards experience because it isnt aligned with those socials.

I'm guessing it will be a long time before they 'figure out' how people can delete accounts.

I'll check back in September or so, hopefully they have a better version sorted out.

Yes

Of course. This is the only decent major Irish forum in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

Yes

Probably a lot less. The forums I visited seem to have had a huge drop off rate since the change. The lack of dropdown menus at the top also means I dont dip into other forums like I used to. Overall for me, this new platform does not offer a better user experience than the previous one.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭iora_rua

Yes

Yes, i will continue using Boards - although it is proving a bit fiddly at the moment, not being very tech savvy. Keeping fingers crossed that it may improve given more time and that I'll just get used to it! I only access Boards on iMac or iPad and don't bother checking it out on mobile, so that's not a bother to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭tico1300

No

I voted no, I will use it a hell of a lot less, not a fan of the less user friendly re-vamp.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Richmond Ultra

No

No vote

It's not very user friendly on the mobile. Trying to find a topic requires a few clicks. It's nothing like the old system. I hope you keep the receipt lads as you should be entitled to a refund in a week if this doesn't improve.

• Advertisement

Yes

Voted yes.

Its a pain at the moment, but it'll get sorted and this will all blow over

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Isambard

i'd like to but there are far less posts to read, and the date order is all over the place on what posts there are, it will come to the point it won't be worth the bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

No

It's a nightmare. I am completely lost. I think I will just access it annually to check nfl Fantasy football stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Pwindedd

Yes

I come for the content so yes I’m still going to use it. It will probably improve. I do miss being able to see the users who thanked the post beneath it though. I like the number of new posts counter in the thread list. The range of emojis is greatly improved. I don’t use loads of them. But they can be so helpful when trying to convey tone. Its also much easier to post pics now 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 22,221 ✭✭✭✭endacl

No

Probably not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭Seanergy

Yes

I voted yes.

That said, I am using it less because of the drop in user interface standards and I know it's only a matter of time before the standard of posts drops.

Traction, traction, traction, that's what it all about.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Yes

Yes. But its a lot more bulky and less concise. I do want the old "My Forums" link that was at the top right. That was how I navigated my favourites. It's also much, much slower than before.

The transfer across was a complete shambles, that company should be sacked immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

Yes

voted yes but more in a third catagory of i will give a while to see

. i will stick it out for a few weeks or months hoping that they can resurect the forum. if they cannot then it will proably be no after that

Yes

I'm a bit lost...but I'll be hanging in for the moment and giving it a chance. I'm not a frequent poster but I like to lurk and I would miss it a lot. The other social forums like facebook and Twitter are just not for me. Boards feels a lot more "sound"......so please don't leave guys!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,261 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Yes

yep no problem. only frequent a few forums. honestly dont find it much different to the old forum. but then I probably never used many of the features in the old forum anyway.

Advertisement