Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jackass Forever

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,864 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

you need to select the insert media button to post Youtube vid

Edit: looks like you fixed it 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

fixed it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,182 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Call me a juvenile but I did laugh watching the trailer

• Registered Users Posts: 19,792 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

I'm really looking forward to it. All the films they did were really enjoyable. My favorite being Jackass Number 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,414 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

I wonder will sobriety make a difference to it

I don't think Bam made it into this one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,060 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

• Registered Users Posts: 14,209 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I always liked the jackass crew except Bam. He always seemed like an asshole. He'll be no loss

Steve O was sober for the last movie too as far as i'm aware , saw an interview with Johnny Knoxville who said they got a couple of new recruits for this one

• Registered Users Posts: 12,948 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Yeah, Steve-O has been sober for many years now and seems to have it together, relatively. Bam agreed to go to rehab as part of his contract for this movie, then pulled out of that and was fired.

it wouldn’t be a Jackass movie without Johnny Knoxville going too far in some genuinely unscripted fashion. He was warned about avoiding any more concussions, his wife was on his case about it, and then as we see in the trailer, he meets that bull.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

Hadn't heard about this, first thought was it's been 20 years now and I'll just be rolling my eyes at it. Chuckles ensued on seeing that trailer, yeah I'm still a big kid 😂

Agree re: Bam, never liked him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,907 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

i love jackass

and dislike bam

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

Fast approaching my late 30's I fully remember when this was the phenomenon it was on MTV at the time. Unbelievable really how they became household names so quickly in a show that I don't think had more than 30 episodes.

I will never apologise for loving it mind. The show was very much of it's time (I'd imagine it has aged badly) but the films never failed to make me belly laugh. Trailer is much the same and I agree that Bam is no great loss but I would be sad to see no Ryan Dunn around.

Trailer looked great, sign me up.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,238 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Remember when I was 8 or 9 our teacher went around asking everyone in our class what our favourite TV Show was.

Almost everyone said The Simpsons and when I said Jackass I remember she actually kicked me out of the class for a while. Weird in hindsight.

well ive always thought jackass had a good heart as the joke was always on them except for bam terrorizing his family . i'm looking forward to it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

That new fella at 1:20 looks annoying already.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭p to the e

I'm guessing that's an old photo as he basically looks like his dad Phil these days.

Need a Bad Grandpa sequel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,087 ✭✭✭dinneenp

This is in the cinema now. Anyone seen it, if so is it still funny all these years later?

I've seen it.

It's exactly what you'd expect. It's a laugh, no changes in the level of humour. If you liked it years ago, you'll like it now.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,158 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

I really liked the show at the time but hadn't thought about it in years. I saw the movie a week or 2 ago with my missus and we both enjoyed it as much now as we did back then. There were a lot of youngfellas in the screen so Jackass seems to have picked up some new fans.

Post edited by Nigel Fairservice on

• Registered Users Posts: 14,243 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I laughed, a lot.

Surprisingly heartwarming.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,031 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

It’s pretty delightful to be honest. Of all the pranksters and stunt teams that have emerged over the years, there’s just something about the Jackass vibe that seems so much more charming, funny and genuine. There’s some heart to this thing, which is quite the thing to say about a film in which men repeatedly goad each other to damage their penises in a variety of absurd ways.

Danger Ehren is truly the hero of the film - takes some absurd punishment. Although I do think the extended ‘lights out’ prank may have been my favourite for the sheer horror and panic on the prankees’ faces.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,792 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

they are all likeable, and the ones that weren't for one reason or another are not in it anymore !!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,907 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

i really enjoyed it, and the new characters are likeable, an important trait!

Was fun - had me laughing, a good few stunts fell flat for me but the bear I was like WTF then the handler came out lol - the bear was looking for winkie, he looked actually terrified lmao

• Registered Users Posts: 11,143 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Watched it tonight and I just didn't enjoy it as much as the others :(

Don't know what the deal is. Always found Jackass funny and read the last few comments earlier so I was like "this is gonna be a good laugh" .... just fell flat for me.

I see it's got a 7.2 imdb rating so I am definitely in the minority. Maybe I am getting older? Maybe my humor has changed? There was a few skits where I thought this is just dangerously dumb. Like the spinning hammock skit. One of them nearly fell right on their neck.

But totally agree with the above that Ehren McGhehey comes off as the best in the movie. He had the most stunts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,437 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Same, watched it last night and only got a few laughs out of me. I regularly watch clips of the old show and films and get constant laughs out of them but i don't think I'd watch this one again.

Advertisement