Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Humanist Ceremony

• 19-07-2021 12:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,810 ✭✭✭✭

Just a quick question here,

We have decided to go for a Humanist Ceremony for our wedding ,

We are getting married in City Hall Dublin next year my question is do people invite the Celebrant to the meal afterwards ?

I have no intention in inviting him even thought he is so nice but as its a limited venue in regards numbers , i wouldn't dream of having the celebrant taking up a seat that a friend or family member could take but the mother in law to be thinks i should keep a place for the celebrant like people would a priest ,

Am i being ignorant here , is that the done thing ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,411 ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

There's absolutely no need to invite him to the meal. Even if you did, I'm sure he'd politely decline.

It's the "done thing" for priests for some reason, but I don't think other celebrants are ever invited to the meal.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

We invited ours as a polite gesture and he graciously declined.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Exactly the same here. I think he maybe stayed for a drink afterwards (married in the same venue where we had the reception) but that was about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 635 ✭✭✭heretothere

I was at a wedding last week and the celebrant did stay.....but she is the mother of one of the brides closest friends so knew a lot of people!

We invited the priest, he didn't come. It's unlikely he would come but if you're set against him coming then don't invite him you never know he might take you up on the offer!

Advertisement