Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

5+2

Options
  • 17-07-2021 8:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭

Hi all. The last few cars I’ve had have all been Ford Grand CMax’s which have suited us fine. I don’t usually buy new but nearly new (approx 1 year old, low mileage) It’s time to change but I’ve just discovered that the Grand CMax was discontinued in 2019 (guess this shows how out of touch I am!) so I need an alternative, any opinions would be appreciated please. Kind of like the look of the XTrail or the 5008. What other options do I have? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭dudley72

Does the C-MAX have the ability to have 3 car seats in the second row

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭BlazingSaddler

Not 3 big ones no, it’s basically a bench seat

• Registered Users Posts: 51,114 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Middle row in the Peugeot 5008 has 3 individual seats if that's important, I don't think the X-Trail has plus the X-Trail is an dated model at this stage and is way behind the likes of the 5008 when it comes to practicality and safety features.

The options are long and winding. The 5008 as mentioned has a party trick which allows 3 car seats in second row which others don't

Most manufacturers now have a SUV/Crossover with 7 seats. X-Trail, VW Tiguan Allspace(the Skoda/Seat versions), Hyundai Santa Fei(Kia Sorento). Then up into the BMW/Audi/Volvo's. The BMW 2 series is a "cheaper" 7 seater as the next jump I think is the X5.

Question I would have is what fuel suits you because you have options now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭BlazingSaddler

Thank you. I’m doing about 12k km per year on average so not major mileage. The last two cars have been diesel but open to all, not a lot of motorway driving to be honest, school runs, kids taxi, 10km work commute. Budget around 30k realistic, could stretch to a few k more.

• Advertisement

You are in the diesel range as most hybrids are newer in the 7 seater unless you buy an older/high mileage Volvo XC90. I wouldn't worry about that, the talk of diesels exploding due to low mileage as you can seen are not really true.

Advertisement