Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How can I unlock phone?

Options
  • 16-07-2021 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭

Hi all. Recently I placed a screen lock on my phone. Alas when I tried to re enter lock code, apparently I had inadvertently entered a 7th digit. My lock is 6 digits. So I was locked out. My phone is a mi max 3 xiaomi. There is a mi account associated with it. In order to unlock the phone I need to enter my password which I cannot remember. I've tried everything. The phone I'm using to get password is very slow and I've been timed out a good few times. Once when I actually updated the password, it wouldn't accept it on the unlocked phone. Not sure if I should be using a computer to do this.. Any help most appreciated. Cheers Kevin.

Post edited by Boards.ie: Niamh on

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

this method will reset your phone,

it erases all your data,

your photos,music contacts etc

in future

use a simple password eg your name,and a no

patrick654321

thats easy to remember

or maybe just write it down somewhere

resetting the phone sends it back to factory settings,eg there,ll be no passwords on it, no pin no,no screenlock code, Any apps you installed will be removed. it, ll be like you just bought the phone and took it out of the box. it,s ll have the standard apps ,like browser, music player, video player,contacts,

if you have online bank accounts or email accounts ,youtube, gmail you can still acess them if you remember the passwords .

Advertisement