Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Red lines on planning drawing ?

• 06-07-2021 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭

I am doing a planning drawing for a friend where they are building a new extension forward of their existing drawing.
    They are also changing the A-roof on the original house to a mono-pitch.
    I have drawn a red line around the new works but am now wondering do I need to draw a red line around the new roof profile of the old part as well.
    I have described the works to the roof in the planning advertisement.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,824 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Then yes.

Outline in red all works proposed as viewed in each elevation. Don't worry about what's happening behind the elevation

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,781 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Red line should go around the entire site subject to the application. Not just the new works.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,824 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Gumbo wrote: »
    Red line should go around the entire site subject to the application. Not just the new works.

I was assuming the OP was referring to what to outline on the elevations

Perhaps the OP should clarify which drawing they are reffing to

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,459 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

I use blue to outline new works on elevations because red is used for site boundaries which can sometimes be used on elevations too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 901 ✭✭✭bemak

I do a lot of these. For validation you really just need the red line around the site in the site location plan and site plans. To make it easier for planners to see what's changing you can hatch the relevant areas on the drawing. Personally I prefer to hatch any demolition works in plan in red and any new works with a black wall fill. I would also show a light dashed outline of the proposed works on the existing plan, and I would do the same on the proposed plan (light dashed outline of the existing plan).

For elevations, I prefer to show an existing and proposed elevation on the same A3 page. So on top is existing, below is proposed. It's very easy then for a planner to compare and contrast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭joebre

So it's good to know that it's not cast in stone !

It's just important that proposed demolition and new works are clearly delineated for both the Planner and members of the public.

Advertisement