Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Google Pixel 4A for €199 on Vodafone - No need to switch number

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

Thank op. Hopefully they will honour this one. Last few orders on their site have been cancelled for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Great phone, great camera. Great bargain! Keen to pick one up myself.

(just don't break it - pain in the ass to get pixel screens repaired!)

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭bawnBeag

How do you get this without registering?

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭bawnBeag

Also is it unlocked?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭KilOit

Thanks, got 1 before for €170 and many failed orders. clicked to collect instore instead so hopefully works.

Thought the vodafone website was the worst site i've ever visited but looks like boards.ie has claimed that throne now😐️

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Is this the 5G edition does anyone know? Can't see anything on the VF page.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,400 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

No, that's called the 4a 5g. It has a bigger screen than this one. Sells for about 300 more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

Shipping notification this morning, so should be good this time. Thanks again op.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭barry181091

Has anyone unlocked this?

• Advertisement

It comes unlocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭shatners bassoon

It's unlocked. I had loads of issues trying to get it at 179, none this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭barry181091

How did you get it at 179? Is there a code? EDIT: Nevermind, I realise you were talking about the last time this offer was up!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭beardo81

Just be aware from the features, this is actually a 5.8" display, not 6.5" as per the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭beardo81

A question from a non-Vodafone customer - do you also have to select a top-up of €20 before buying the phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭chrisire

You just select what pay as you go plan you want to use with the phone,you don't pay anything just the price of the phone

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭bifl

Is there anything in the fine print about having to get X amount of credit or anything like that.

Don't have a Voafone store near me so would anyone have an issue gettign it posted out?

No extra costs. It's 199, unlocked. I'm using my Three sim in it now. Postage took 3 working days.

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Mr_Muffin

So I can buy this phone and stick my Three simcard in, and it'll work?

Yep

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Thank you very much, OP!

Bought one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭KilOit

Still payment pending for me, ordered yesterday. Another failed order i guess

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭thenightman

Not letting me order one at all now, better than last time with multiple orders I suppose!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Del007

I had to use microsoft for it to work, it wouldn't go through for me with chrome

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Cookiee

Bought from Vodafone the pixel 4a for my mam last week and the pixel 4a 5G for my boyfriend, they both came unlocked and you don't have to pay for the simcard or top it up, took 2 days to arrive, amazing value, pixel 4a is 199€ and 5g one is €329, can't beat that value! I especially love that you don't have to pay for the simcard or top it up, I thought you might but no!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Went through for me, money taken off card, chose to collect at a store. There was an order number on the browser page, but they said I'd get a confirmation email which I haven't gotten yet. Sounds like a similar thing to when previous orders ended up failing from the VF website :(

• Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭cormie

So I got the "Your online store order has been received" with the order number, but nothing about it being ready for collection from the store I selected. I chanced going in to the store anyway and the rep was asking had I not received the email saying it was ready for collection, he went back to check with the manager and came out and said it's fine, did a few bits on the computer, handed me the phone and sim and off I went.

Thanks for the alert :)

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭darconio

Not sure if account specific but you can give it a go:

Switch to Ireland’s best performing mobile network and get:

- €100 OFF Google Pixel 4A – now €159.99

- €100 OFF Huawei P40 Lite 5G – now €149.99

- €75 OFF Nokia 3.4 – now €64.99

If you are already a Vodafone Pay as you go customer, we have an exclusive offer for you too! Get €100 off the Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 5G when you upgrade your device on Vodafone Pay as you go.

New customer code : VFSV12

Existing customer code : VFSV34

Again not sure if you need to go through the referral link from the real rewards offer, but worth to try

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭muffinhead

Try accessing the offer via the Supervalu Real Rewards page and see if a promo code box appears at the checkout:

https://supervalu.ie/rewards/exclusive-vodafone-offer-with-real-rewards

Advertisement