Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

€100 per month

• 05-07-2021 1:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi All,

I’m looking to start trying to invest and initially going to start small with €100 per month. I’m not sure where to begin. Should I do it myself or put it into a fund with one of the big life companies. Not into crypto as I don’t understand it.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

Irishgay84 wrote: »
    Hi All,

I’m looking to start trying to invest and initially going to start small with €100 per month. I’m not sure where to begin. Should I do it myself or put it into a fund with one of the big life companies. Not into crypto as I don’t understand it.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Are you maxing out your pension contributions already?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Irishgay84

cronos wrote: »
    Are you maxing out your pension contributions already?

No I’m not maxing out my pension. I don’t really want to lock my money away until retirement. Im looking at something over the medium term.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭niallers1

Best game in town is paying into a pension. The younger you do it the better. Unless of course you want to work until you are close to death.
    What's your definition of medium term?

Before your invest anything, save up 3 months worth of expenses (not salary) as an emergency fund.
    If you have any type of consumer debt pay that first. You won't get a better return than that.

Advertisement