Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Electric car grant

Options
  • 05-07-2021 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi guys,

I am planning to buy Hyundai Leaf electric car, 201 year, 25000 EUR and I saw that there is an available grant (5000 EUR) from the government. If anyone knows here if this grant is applicable only on new electric cars or in my case, a second-hand one.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,321 ✭✭✭✭ted1

astefulj wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I am planning to buy Hyundai Leaf electric car, 201 year, 25000 EUR and I saw that there is an available grant (5000 EUR) from the government. If anyone knows here if this grant is applicable only on new electric cars or in my case, a second-hand one.

Cheers
    New cars only.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭silver_sky

The grant would have already been applied when the car was first sold. There's no second hand car grant here.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭hogan86

Why not just get a new leaf and you will get about €5000 SEAI grant and another €2000 or so vrt relief and a brand new car. Would make more sense to me.

Then again have you looked at a VW ID.3 ? The Life model as it wouldnt be too much more?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,546 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

astefulj wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Cheers

The Grant was applied to the car when new. You are benefiting in the second hand value.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Hold on Hyundai leaf???
    I'm guessing the Nissan....

Battery degradation was terrible on these, I'm not up on the latest version but it doesn't have battery cooling so not good for the fast charging if I've read right.

Looks imo aren't great either

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,752 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Hold on Hyundai leaf???
    I'm guessing the Nissan....

Battery degradation was terrible on these, I'm not up on the latest version but it doesn't have battery cooling so not good for the fast charging if I've read right.

Looks imo aren't great either

It's a 201 Leaf, no reports of terrible battery degradation

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,520 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Not yet, but there are some signs it's the same. Which makes sense, as its the same drivetrain since 2013.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭MightyMunster

If it was me I'd look at a car with CCS, increasingly going to be favoured in new charger locations. Faster charging speeds. Commercial operations like Ionity are CCS only.

Only matters if you do longer trips though

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

slave1 wrote: »
    It's a 201 Leaf, no reports of terrible battery degradation

Yes I get that but they haven't had a great record previously.
    Obviously been a 201 that's not going to be an issue yet but could cause an issue for selling after.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,752 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

It's only the early US lizard batteries that were bad, Nissan sorted that out fairly lively.
    I sold my 162 L30 with battery at 92% SOH and 71kms on the clock, degradation was quite linear too.
    That's good going in terms of battery life

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement
Advertisement