Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What other work am I qualified for?

Options
  • 05-07-2021 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭

Qualifications:

Bachelor of Education (Primary)
    Master of Education

Experience:

7 Years Classroom Teacher
    4 Years Subject Lead
    Lead many different initiatives in the school (Planning, organizing, budgeting, people management)
    Own small business revolved around an extracurricular activity.

Desired Job:

Something in leadership/management of people, not necessarily education related (though that would be the crowning jewel).

Willing to do any Springboard course or other course that may help. Just don't want to start back into a 4 year undergraduate (though I haven't completely ruled it out).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭floorpie

Probably too obvious but...principal?

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭LittleBrick

I'd love something away from a school though. I've looked into education centers and places, but they want 5 years principalship experience. I can't deal with parents for that long.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭MrsBean

There is currently a competition for Assistant Principal Officer in the civil service which may be of interest to you.
    The role involves leadership/management of people and the subject matter can be varied and interesting.

https://www.publicjobs.ie/en/?option=com_jobsearch&view=jobdetails&cid=138705&campaignId=21186500

• Registered Users Posts: 25,717 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Sales of stuff to the education sector.

Teacher education or professional development.

Maybe instructional design or corporate training.

TBH, it's hard to see you fitting into a leadership /management role, when you don't want to go into the obvious management role in your current sector. You won't have parents in other sectors - but you will have customers who are equally difficult

• Registered Users Posts: 7,682 ✭✭✭YellowLead

I’d say anything public sector.
    In general it’s tough to walk right into a leadership role in a new industry but public sector offers lots of opportunities for promotion and would provide the stability and other public sector benefits you might be used to.

Or coaching? If you are interested in leadership you could take a coaching course and set up your own business. Takes a while for people to build up clients and it’s hard to stand out - but good money to be made if you can get a name for yourself and pick up some corporate clients as well as individuals.

• Advertisement
Advertisement