Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hbomax Caribbean and Latin America

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭w4ntedman

clevtrev wrote: »
    surfshark doesnt work for me in costa rica or brazil

hola also doesnt work in brazil or cost rica

tunnelbear works in brazil

I would think it is only a matter of time before all vpns are blocked and i cant be bothered signing up for another vpn just for hbo max

Surfshark and keepsolid both working fine for me but I suppose it wouldn't be so strange if they went on a blocking spree once they spot of load a new accounts in the countries they just opened up to coming from the same addresses.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭j_mo

clevtrev wrote:
    surfshark doesnt work for me in costa rica or brazil

clevtrev wrote:
    hola also doesnt work in brazil or cost rica

clevtrev wrote:
    tunnelbear works in brazil

I had no luck with nord or surfshark either but tunnelbear worked first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,423 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

w4ntedman wrote: »
    Surfshark and keepsolid both working fine for me but I suppose it wouldn't be so strange if they went on a blocking spree once they spot of load a new accounts in the countries they just opened up to coming from the same addresses.

Not a hope. New accounts like us are tiny. And VPN crowds make money on changing so will keep modifying.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,963 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

TheDriver wrote:
    Not a hope. New accounts like us are tiny. And VPN crowds make money on changing so will keep modifying.

Not only that but HBOMAX has only just been launched in these areas. All they are getting are new accounts.

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Not only that but HBOMAX has only just been launched in these areas. All they are getting are new accounts.
    And eager sales meetings won't mention VPN
    Signups. Us VPN folk are such small fish, we are irrelevant bargain hunters

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭w4ntedman

Sleeper12 wrote: »

I suppose I meant that all the accounts coming from the same ip might be suspicious.
    I would think you are right though Netflix and hulu don't seem to bother so hopefully this crowd won't either.
    Fingers crossed anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭feargantae

I made an Argentina Google account and added my N26 card with no problems. I then turnt on my VPN and was able to sign up for the 4K plan for $3.49USD or just under €3 a month! That's somehow cheaper than the 375 ARS/€3.30 they've listed on their website!

Many thanks OP :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

What's so special about HBO max that's not available online free?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭bromley52

keano25 wrote: »

It's legit as opposed to illegal downloading if that's what you are referring to. It's also very convenient and dirt cheap at these prices.
    I have a QNAP NAS that I purchased about 4 years ago and given the cost of it versus the cost of cheap streams it a no brainer.
    Netflix €5/month roughly
    Prime Video €0.90/month
    HBO €2.33/month

bromley52 wrote: »
    It's legit as opposed to illegal downloading if that's what you are referring to. It's also very convenient and dirt cheap at these prices.
    I have a QNAP NAS that I purchased about 4 years ago and given the cost of it versus the cost of cheap streams it a no brainer.
    Netflix €5/month roughly
    Prime Video €0.90/month
    HBO €2.33/month

QNAP NAS.. you have to download media for that or how do you use it?

• Advertisement

Lots of HBOMax stuff is on sky here.

TheDriver wrote: »
    Lots of HBOMax stuff is on sky here.

Ya I don't think I'll bite on this one

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

feargantae wrote: »
    I made an Argentina Google account and added my N26 card with no problems. I then turnt on my VPN and was able to sign up for the 4K plan for $3.49USD or just under €3 a month! That's somehow cheaper than the 375 ARS/€3.30 they've listed on their website!

Many thanks OP :)

I wasnt able to sub via the website but was via the app, for Brazil. I have the 7 day trail running now. I did notice though that the website has the 50% off whereas the app dosent. You can get an annual sub on the app but not on the website that I can see. I know its dirt cheap but going to see which is the best value :D

Some great content on it, well worth having.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

w4ntedman wrote: »
    I suppose I meant that all the accounts coming from the same ip might be suspicious.
    I would think you are right though Netflix and hulu don't seem to bother so hopefully this crowd won't either.
    Fingers crossed anyway
    Can hulu be got cheap like this?

acalmenvoy wrote:
    Can hulu be got cheap like this?

No because hulu is only available in the US and Japan. I got a 1 year sub around black Friday for $2 per month so you'll get the occasional good deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭samboy08

Has anyone been able to buy disney + from Brazil or Argentina? I see this can be done with netflix, prime video and now hbo max. Surely this can be done with disney+ ...?

Double C wrote: »
    This is working perfectly on the Nvidia Shield with VPN Unlimited in Costa Rica. Thanks OP!

How did you get HBO max app on the shield?

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭samboy08

I used aptoide to install it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,544 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Use VPN set to US to create a new Google account. Switch to that account on shield playstore and install.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Setanter

I just got it from here, working no problem.

https://hbo-now.en.uptodown.com/android

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,510 ✭✭✭micks_address

hi folks,

already have hbo max but paying 14.99 usd for it. I tried going to hbo max carribean via nord vpn and incognito chrome browser.. when get to website it says sign up at full price of 14.99 per month? does the reduction kick in when you add payment method? If using revolut what are you putting in for post code etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,963 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

already have hbo max but paying 14.99 usd for it. I tried going to hbo max carribean via nord vpn and incognito chrome browser.. when get to website it says sign up at full price of 14.99 per month? does the reduction kick in when you add payment method? If using revolut what are you putting in for post code etc?

I had a US subscription for 14.99 per month. I figured that this account could cause issues so I used a totally different email address & opened a new account in the country I wanted the subscription.

14.99 down to less than 3 euros this month

hi folks,

It didn't work for me either with nordvpn. Use tunnelbear and it should work fine.

ok so i signed up via brazil using tunnelbear vpn on laptop. Had to grab the number from here (thanks bromley)

https://www.fakenamegenerator.com/gen-random-br-br.php
    Look for Cadastro de Pessoas Físicas

accepted revolut fine.. Argentina wouldnt 86 cents was charged to revolut then reverted and 2.35 taken from it again.

I have been using hbo max on a US account.. .so will just login with the new one..

I would say i had issues with some movies streaming around xmas.. i signed up to see the new ww movie around xmas and could only watch during first half of the day.. when the US came online had issues.. generally been rock solid since..

• Registered Users Posts: 18,911 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

Has anyone managed to get this working on an Apple TV? Have had a US account since last year and it was working fine with SmartDNSProxy set on the Apple TV.

I thought I’d be able to just log out of the US account and sign into the new Brazil one but it won’t work at all.

I even set up a Brazilian iTunes account thinking the apps might be different but no joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭SourSessions

Tried to change the card I signed up with today, but it's not accepting it at all. Tried a different one just to see and wouldn't take that either. I have about 18 months left on the card I'm using but would have liked to change it to a longer dated one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,890 ✭✭✭archfi

Thanks OP, great bargain.
    Had a few issues with my Revolut being frozen etc during payment phase.
    I finally got it for 3.13euro from Mexico (someone mentioned Mex and Brazil will have Champions League live) after Argentina crapping out on me for some reason and Brazil i didn't want to go the fake CFP (tax number) method.
    Used ProtonVPN Basic for Mex server, I have smartdnsproxy for streaming
    I did the Amazon account change via web to USA bit to get the app (sent to all my firetvs and cloud ) but I could have downloaded via aptoide

Cheapo services so far, four of them thanks to here
    Netflix - Turkey - 4e
    HBO Max - Mexico - 3.13e
    Tidal - Turkey - was 1.16e latest payment was 0.99e
    YouTube Premium - Turkey - 1.65e
    NOWtv UK Entertainment - offers all the time -currently 5.50e (have got it for 1.60e-2.50e a few times)
    Prime UK - student offer past few years via NUS UK - 4.60e

Happy out.

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

Has anyone managed to get this working on an Apple TV? Have had a US account since last year and it was working fine with SmartDNSProxy set on the Apple TV.

I thought I’d be able to just log out of the US account and sign into the new Brazil one but it won’t work at all.

I even set up a Brazilian iTunes account thinking the apps might be different but no joy.

I don’t have Apple TV but have you tried a vpn app on the device like NordVPN etc? That’s how I’ve been using most geo restricted services

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭John Horgan

archfi wrote: »
    Thanks OP, great bargain.
    Had a few issues with my Revolut being frozen etc during payment phase.
    I finally got it for 3.13euro from Mexico (someone mentioned Mex and Brazil will have Champions League live) after Argentina crapping out on me for some reason and Brazil i didn't want to go the fake CFP (tax number) method.
    Used ProtonVPN Basic for Mex server, I have smartdnsproxy for streaming
    I did the Amazon account change via web to USA bit to get the app (sent to all my firetvs and cloud ) but I could have downloaded via aptoide

Cheapo services so far, four of them thanks to here
    Netflix - Turkey - 4e
    HBO Max - Mexico - 3.13e
    Tidal - Turkey - was 1.16e latest payment was 0.99e
    YouTube Premium - Turkey - 1.65e
    NOWtv UK Entertainment - offers all the time -currently 5.50e (have got it for 1.60e-2.50e a few times)
    Prime UK - student offer past few years via NUS UK - 4.60e

Happy out.

Are you aware of any current way to get an NUS card?
    Thats a good saving on Prime

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭bromley52

I have never used apple devices but if it is possible have you tried clearing the cache or app data or maybe there is a specific app for the region.

Advertisement