Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Irish Open 2021 [No Covid posts]

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Dero123

Coverage on Rte is awful they’ve missed half the important shots with the timing of the breaks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,538 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Commentator as Laporta stands over his second shot to 18:

"If he pars this he's going to Royal St George's, if he birdies it he might win the tournament"

Laporta proceeds to hit a massive pull from the fairway into the penalty area

Well done commentator!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Commentator as Laporta stands over his second shot to 18:

"If he pars this he's going to Royal St George's, if he birdies it he might win the tournament"

Laporta proceeds to hit a massive pull into the penalty area

Well done commentator!

Well now in all fairness I’m not sure Laporta heard him!

fullstop wrote: »
    Well now in all fairness I’m not sure Laporta heard him!

Haha in all seriousness though it was a shame to see for a guy that probably hasn't played many majors and might not get many chances

Haha in all seriousness though it was a shame to see for a guy that probably hasn't played many majors and might not get many chances

I missed the shot but judging by where he took the drop it must have been an awful shot. Didn’t really look convincing with iron shots all day, always a big lean.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,505 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Herbert finishing strong while all the challengers faded, will be a well deserved win.

Nice piece of Waterford Crystal for the hand luggage :D

Good week for Dale Whitnell after being last man in.

fullstop wrote: »
    I missed the shot but judging by where he took the drop it must have been an awful shot. Didn’t really look convincing with iron shots all day, always a big lean.

It was really poor alright, straight left

To me it looks like he stands over the ball for way too long

He needs Karlberg to bogey the last now.

Would those clowns ever STFU

• Advertisement

Or Karlberg could just chip in to seal top 3 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,093 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

If Karlberg did chip ins...

Herbert on the cusp of top 50 in the world rankings now, win jumps him from 91st to 55th.

I see the prize fund for the Irish Open is to be doubled by the PGA tour next year as part of the alliance between the Euro/PGA tours. Great news.

The Scottish open will be an official PGA tour event next year which is massive for them, hopefully it might happen to the Irish Open too in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

The scottish will be a PGA tour sanctioned event, which i don't know would it change much for it? There will still be a PGA tour event on the same weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,860 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

Well, a lot of the top guys play it anyway, being the week before the Open, but I'd say it would have a significant impact on guys coming over earlier for a swing of sorts, and if they added the Irish as well it would be huge, especially for us. A western Europe swing, fantastic.

The PGA tour events that they clash with are the "B" events, PGA tour events in name only with none of the top guys. There's going to be 50 spots for European Tour guys in those "B" events. It might set up the unintended and unwanted consequence of some up and coming European Tour players playing in the B comps in the US instead of the Scottish Open though which may require a rethink down the line.

The opposite PGA tour event will be co-sanctioned as well.

I'm thinking the top players that are playing the British Open will be more likely to come over for the Scottish if there are FedEx points on offer. Many already do but this should increase that number even further, and I'm assuming there'll be more FedEx points on offer for the Scottish than the US based event.

On the NLU podcast they mentioned rumours that the Irish Open would move to the week after the British and be co sanctioned also. Not sure how well that'd work for us in terms of strength of field.

Advertisement