Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lexus IS 300 2014 with 90k miles. 15k worth it?

Options
  • 03-07-2021 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Am looking at a Lexus IS 300 2014 with 90k miles on clock. Chap is looking for around 15k - 15500.

Seems a bit steep we’ll bu about a grand I reckon. It’s not a premium car and I know it has a superiority complex but it’s a jumped up Toyota ;-))) in the end.

What do people think.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,115 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Pricing is probably about right looking at what's online. What spec IS300 is it? The F Sport would demand a premium price, perhaps €1000 more than Executive.

Main thing to check is it has full service history and hybrid health check passed at most recent service.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,556 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

FLOOPER wrote: »
    Hi all,

Am looking at a Lexus IS 300 2014 with 90k miles on clock. Chap is looking for around 15k - 15500.

Seems a bit steep we’ll bu about a grand I reckon. It’s not a premium car and I know it has a superiority complex but it’s a jumped up Toyota ;-))) in the end.

What do people think.

It's a Lexus. It is a premium car. Don't know where you got the idea it is not a premium car. If it is just because it is not a Merc or BMW or Audi then it is wrong.
    If that were the case the Volvo would not be premium either but they are.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭FLOOPER

AMKC wrote: »
    It's a Lexus. It is a premium car. Don't know where you got the idea it is not a premium car. If it is just because it is not a Merc or BMW or Audi then it is wrong.
    If that were the case the Volvo would not be premium either but they are.

Thanks. But I’m just saying it’s seems to be generally not considered in the same class as Merc BMW Audi which are priced less than this. Certainly Honest John site seems to imply that. But I presume because there aren’t that many of them it affects their price tho have seem a couple that don’t seem to be shifting.

I will prob but the bullet in this anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

FLOOPER wrote: »
    Thanks. But I’m just saying it’s seems to be generally not considered in the same class as Merc BMW Audi which are priced less than this.

I would consider the brand Lexus at the same level as brand Audi.

The older the premium cars get, the more expensive they get to keep on the road - and a Lexus generally will be the most reliable one. This probably is driving the price up.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The difficulty in importing from Uk is the biggest factor. The IS sold in tiny numbers here new, they were always an attractive import with the VRT situation.

• Advertisement
Advertisement