Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kung Fu (CW)

Options
  • 20-04-2021 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55,457 ✭✭✭✭

If you don't compare this to the David Carradine show from the 70s, I think this stands up pretty well.

The first few episodes were enjoyable enough. A mystical martial arts drama with some arrowverse production values. You can see Greg Berlanti's fingerprints on it (he's an EP). It fits well with other CW shows. Good setup for the season too.

Worth a look.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,832 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Not sure what I was expecting so it's okay so far.
    Would think she would wear some kind of mask to protect her identity if she's just going to be fighting local bad guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,457 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Anyone watching this? 10 episodes in, 2 to go (I think).
    Not a bad show at all - a bit of a hidden gem.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,898 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Mr E wrote: »
    Anyone watching this? 10 episodes in, 2 to go (I think).
    Not a bad show at all - a bit of a hidden gem.
    Yep haven't seen this week's episode but as you said, a hidden gem. The fight scenes are good too

• Registered Users Posts: 17,847 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

going by the dialogue in the trailer it looks horrific

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

Would love to see the original Carradine version again, it’s been years since I saw it! It’s never repeated!

• Advertisement

Think there was 1 or 2 episodes that dragged for me until near the end. Was the one where they went to some sort of gala event.

But for the most part I like it. True the fights aren't exactly Banshee or Warrior level. I think those shows ruined fight scenes for me. :)

This week's episode's ending was a bit too on the nose. "Oh in case you didn't realise, that song I sang contains clues for you"

Season 2 trailer, back March 9th

Any sign of it showing up on tv here ?

I don't think it's a big enough show for any network in the UK or here to pick it up. All American is on its 4th season and it's never aired here. Same with Walker.

Well this was an active thread.

Season 3 finale and I think they saw the writing on the wall as it was obviously meant to double as a series finale.

Really enjoyed the series overall and one of the few shows where I cared about all the characters and stories that I automatically lose interest when certain characters are front and centre, like Chester in Flash or Raffi in Picard. (Was just looking at today's watchlist)

• Advertisement

Yeah it was a great show and that was clearly a series finale. With the new leadership of The CW I doubt it would have been renewed anyway. 13 episodes a season was also perfect as very little filler. The fight scenes were also pretty good

Advertisement