Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Korn

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Links234 wrote: »
    I'm probably going to go to the gig.

60 quids is steep, but the only time I saw them live before was at Download 2007 on the second stage, and the tent was so packed, I couldn't get close enough to even see them. :(
    I was at that gig too! Definately the most dangerous gig I've been to! When the gig started a gap of what seemed like two or three metres appeared in front of me as everyone surged forward. Was a great show though!
    Looking forward to the Olympia gig. Will be my 8th time seeing them so not getting to hear all the "hits" won't bother me. And I'm a big fan of the new album and looking forward to how it sounds live.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

That much for the Olympia!?

Having a laugh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

Just booked tickets there for the April gig, though it is a bit pricey. I missed them the last time they were here though, and seeing as they were one of my favourite bands growing up, I felt I should see them this time. Tbh, I haven't properly listened to them in years (usual story, loved the older albums up to "Untouchables" ) but maybe I'll give the newer stuff a chance before I go to the gig. Judging from a setlist somebody posted up in Gigs&Events, it will be mostly new stuff they're playing, anyway. :-/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

I like their new album but the majority of stuff between Issues and ir has been very much hit and miss,couple of decent tracks here and there but overall very bleeghh.

60 squids for a ticket though,not likely.I guess they are charging that because they will likely have no hassle selling it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭- bo -

Links234 wrote: »
    I'm probably going to go to the gig.

60 quids is steep, but the only time I saw them live before was at Download 2007 on the second stage, and the tent was so packed, I couldn't get close enough to even see them. :(

Jesus yeah, that was dangerous. The tent was literally falling apart, between the crowd both inside the tent and out I'd say it was double the capacity of the place.

I'll be going to this (probably on my lonesome), just ain't got the money for a ticket yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Love this pic of outside the tent while Korn were playing.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTgRt9rY2Oc1rFiccM3QcZG6pse3kYifg-878PnMdSGU_vAa6ESscGQFVja

It's good to see Korn are playing so many songs off the new album, shows how proud they are of and still enjoying making music. Also it a good change from there usual Greatest Hits Setlist.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Joe_Dull

Beekay wrote: »
    It's good to see Korn are playing so many songs off the new album, shows how proud they are of and still enjoying making music. Also it a good change from there usual Greatest Hits Setlist.

Agreed. If a band is touring a new album what they should be doing is showcasing the new material, while playing a few old favourites. Doing a "Greatest Hits" set on an album tour is an admission that an artist's best days are behind them and they're still making music just to pay the bills or fulfill a contract. Korn are as active and passionate about their music now as they were in 1994 and I'd much prefer to see them nailing the new stuff than phoning in the old.

Though a sly bit of "Right Now" would be appreciated :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

I'm so pleased the second stage at download isn't a tent anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,908 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Beekay wrote: »
    Love this pic of outside the tent while Korn were playing.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTgRt9rY2Oc1rFiccM3QcZG6pse3kYifg-878PnMdSGU_vAa6ESscGQFVja

Great Pic, but nowhere near as full as when Metallica played the tent at 3pm on a Sunday afternoon in 2003, we were 2/3ft from the front and it was fcukin bedlam. Evenascence played the main stage to about 15,000, security even stopped people leaving the main arena it was so bad.

Here's the only vid on youtube of it, sends chills down me spine every time i watch it :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Got my ticket there today after listening to the new album. Some amazing songs on it. Very glad I gave it a chance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

Rekindled my love affair with Korn in the last week or so and found some pretty cool vids on the youtubes.... this is from 93 or so before they got really big and you can tell from it they're a little bit different to anything else that was going on at the time... don't know wtf Jonathan Davis is wearing though! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Shane-KornSpace

have me ticket sorted nd all! It'll be my 5th time seeing them!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭xhomelezz

Is this the most recent thread on Korn?

Time to revive it so!

This band never really disappointed me. Still going strong! Sure older albums are the best imo, but I can't complain much about the most recent ones.

A bit of nostalgia

3 in 1

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

It's remarkable how unique they are.
    They really were fresh and like nothing else, and IMO, they continued to reinvent themselves.
    Sure I don't love everything they've done but they can't be accused of being by the numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Just started listening to some of the older albums again this week. Forgot how much I loved them

It's remarkable how unique they are.
    They really were fresh and like nothing else, and IMO, they continued to reinvent themselves.
    Sure I don't love everything they've done but they can't be accused of being by the numbers.

This thing is pretty good too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭PCros

Really great band.

One thing is they do not disappoint when it comes to their live shows. Since the early years they've consistently been solid live. When they were support to Slipknot in 2015 they really gave them a run for their money.

1:25 mark when Blind kicks in still gives me chills to this day!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Nailz wrote: »
    Terry Bozzio is ****ing mental, epic kits. Brilliant on the tour with Fantômas, drumming with Zappa was great too.

KoRn have always hit a soft spot with me. The were quite mainstream and considered somewhat 'Nu' back a decade ago, and I never dug any of that stuff, I didn't like their fans either, they reminded me of the type of fans Slipknot and Deftones have, bunch of whiny scene kids that are just a pain in the hole - but their music was cool. They had a heavy grainy sound that appealed to me, sometimes slow and sludgy, dragging every bit of heaviness from the note, then they had their uptempo bouncy riffs. That detuned wall of noise worked well with any KoRn riff. And as a bassist I have big props for Fieldy - a cousin of my cousin bought a custom K5 new a couple of years ago and was like "phwaorrrrr!", quite tempted to nick it still! :)

Bozio is a lunatic:)

I'm 46, but these guys still make me jump around the kitchen

Children of KoRn, great to see young generation taking over!

https://loudwire.com/kids-cover-korn-here-to-stay/

Post edited by xhomelezz on

• Advertisement

Just to keep it alive here

New album on the way for February 22. Can't wait.

New single Start the healing

Another song from the new album.

Enjoy Forgotten

https://lnk.kornofficial.com/MiPc

Requiem will be out on February 4th

Listened to the new album on the way in from work and have to say it’s their best stuff in years. It's only 30 mins long with 9 songs so no messing around.

Standout tracks for me are Lost in the Grandeur, Disconnect, Hopeless and Beaten (vocals on the latter track are amazing).

Hopefully we'll see them play here this year at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Layne

Was watching this Woodstock 99 documentary recently :

Was an interesting, and at times terrifying view. Such a shitshow in terms of organisation.

Jonathan Davis was interviewed and he mentions walking on stage and seeing a sea of people as far as the eye could see. He even looks a little nervous as he scans the crowd.

It shows the crowd's reaction when they begin their set with Blind. When it kicks in (1:25 mark) my God I have never seen such a manic response from a audience (hours without water in the baking heat didn't help I'm sure!!). Don't know if I'd have survived being in the middle of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,908 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

New album is fcukin awesome, some banging tunes on it, the first 3 tracks are some of the best they've done in years

It's been 7 years now since they last played and it looks like they won't be here this year as their European dates are already out.

Fingers crossed they might play here in 2023.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,895 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Had a listen yesterday, nothing new bar the vocals a wee bit growly. Luzier whilst Hugely Talented, his drumming style is samey. Lot of loud crashes yada yada. Its predictable muff cabbage.

Caught them in the SFX back in the day, that was an incredible gig.

• Advertisement

I was there in the SFX, was super hyped for them and to be honest let down, still ranks as one of the worst gigs I've been to.

My memory is that they came on and played for 50 minutes in the boiler suits and left with little if any crowd interaction. In them days it was a warm up for the UK festivals slot there in the SFX.

Have no memory of who supported them if anyone that night?

Still one of my all time favourite records is their first album but had little interest in much they did after that.

Advertisement