Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Open 2021 [No Covid posts]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,574 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Looks like scoring will be low. Harrington going the wrong direction.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Cooled1

paulie21 wrote: »
    Is there no coverage till 1pm?

Very strange that they wouldnt just show all of it particularly as there is big name Irish players out early

• Registered Users Posts: 8,499 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Very relaxed here, no mask enforcement out and about at all. Scoring conditions perfect. Padraig missing lots of short ones and birdie on 17th just dropped on last dimple.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭big_drive

Course looking brilliant

Great atmosphere around. Smaller crowds probably making it easier for marshalls etc. No issues with masks etc, people using common sense and being respectful.

Up close you just realise how good these guys are

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭recyclops

No doubt NPHET will see it on the tv later and the whole thing will be shut down :p:p:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭dizzydoll

Speak Now wrote: »
    Not totally cashless here and lots not wearing masks out and about.

Hey Speakeasy,

Did they do PCR test going in, seen signs for covid testing? Are they checking names on tickets or do you just scan & enter? Thanks

dizzydoll wrote: »
    Hey Speakeasy,

Did they do PCR test going in, seen signs for covid testing? Are they checking names on tickets or do you just scan & enter? Thanks

No test, no questions and they just scan QR code. Super relaxed. Even the weather giving it a PGA tour vibe :D

dizzydoll wrote: »
    Hey Speakeasy,

The testing is players, caddies etc.

Ticket scanned that's it. No names etc checked

So none of the worries re masks, names on ticket seem to be an issue. The fact the weekend numbers can't increase should mean it remains relaxed, marshalls under no big pressure except around the Lowry & Harrington groups.

Food and drinks a rip off as usual. €3.50 for a tiny sized coffee
    Bring your own if coming

Field ended up 1 shy due to withdrawal and more reserves here, pity it was one of the early groups. Couldn't have got an irish Pro to fill the game, assuming that would be allowed.

Kaymer could make the Ryder cup team yet!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

Cooled1 wrote: »
    Very strange that they wouldnt just show all of it particularly as there is big name Irish players out early

It's ridiculous and they've the coverage switched tomorrow to show Rory as well, very disrespectful to Shane and Padraig.

Are Sky Sports not showing it? They always do two waves of coverage no matter the tournament

• Registered Users Posts: 12,553 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

It's ridiculous and they've the coverage switched tomorrow to show Rory as well, very disrespectful to Shane and Padraig.

Are Sky Sports not showing it? They always do two waves of coverage no matter the tournament
    Nope. Coverage doesn't start until one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Listing feature groups from 11.45 I think

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭wildrover444

That's for the rocket mortgage classic in pga tour. Not sure they have ever done feature groups on European tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,553 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

That's listed as PGA Tour featured groups from the Rocket Mortgage Classic (yeah, huge :D).

It's very odd they're only showing Rory's wave and it's the same tomorrow from what I can figure out

Edit: they are showing both waves tomorrow, just not today for whatever reason

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭SeeMoreBut

Shane -2 and level on par 5's

1 shot to field but more likely 3-4 to leaders

SeeMoreBut wrote: »

It's a solid if unspectacular start.

Good day tomorrow and he's bang in the tournament.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

SeeMoreBut wrote: »

+1 on the par 5's no? And six shots off the lead, which was in the clubhouse two groups before him.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,448 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Will we even see Rory on Saturday?

• Advertisement

Will we even see Rory on Saturday?

Unlikely unless he gets motoring soon, dissapointing day for the Irish so far.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Well we get screaming idiots at irish opens too. Some hilarious lad roaring after every tee shot from Rory

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭joebloggs32

Well we get screaming idiots at irish opens too. Some hilarious lad roaring after every tee **** from Rory

They should turf them out.

Small crowds so it can't be too hard to identify the knobheads.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Lapse

Just throwing it up here again, selling one adult ticket for tomorrow, face value obviously, have tickets printed , aiming to be up there for around 8ish tomorrow if anyone feels easier meeting.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭mjsc1970

They should turf them out.

Small crowds so it can't be too hard to identify the knobheads.

Painful to listen to on the telly. Must be total cringe there.

Lapse wrote: »
    Just throwing it up here again, selling one adult ticket for tomorrow, face value obviously, have tickets printed , aiming to be up there for around 8ish tomorrow if anyone feels easier meeting.

Some guy started a thread, yesterday I think looking to buy a ticket for the captain of his home club, or someone like that. Maybe take a look and contact him direct

• Registered Users Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Pity seamus power not playing here. He’s going well in the states

• Registered Users Posts: 3 paulc87

Have an adult Sunday ticket and looking to swap for Saturday one if anyone interested. Long shot I know!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,323 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Great to see Colm Moriarty doing well

• Advertisement

I stayed on the 17th tee for a long while today watching groups pass through.
    Things that I noted, I was surprised how low many tee the ball for driver. Was amazed again at the ball flights, something else.
    The height on drives was higher that I'd have thought, but on some trajectory
    Plus when they say a player draws or fades their drives it's hardly even a movement, couple of yards either way. Their draw or fade is what we'd call a straight shot

Out on the course with irons etc the majority really seem to favour a cut shot

Really grateful I ended up with a ticket today, really enjoyed the day. Shame there isn't more allowed. The one benefit for those lucky to be there is that you can see lot more and get closer than usual

Great place to pass an hour or more is the range or practice putting green. Can see some serious skill on show

Advertisement