Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Medical check up

Options
  • 30-06-2021 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭

Are companies skipping medical check ups for new job applicants because of CoVid?

I have applied for a lot and in my searches I see a lot of jobs for an immediate start. I recently spoke to someone at a recruitment agency and the job we were speaking about has an immediate start if the interview was successful.

There doesn’t seem to be any medical being done.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Not all jobs have medicals

• Registered Users Posts: 5,802 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I've never had a medical, I suppose it depends on the industry.

Personally I'd be more put out having to go for a medical but that's just me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

Not all jobs have medicals

Sorry I should have been more clear in my post. The Jon’s I have applied for are mainly warehouse and manufacturing.

I would expect them to to do medicals before hiring.

I've never had a medical, I suppose it depends on the industry.

Personally I'd be more put out having to go for a medical but that's just me.

I’m not demanding they give me a medical ;) truth be told by f I need to get one it is damn inconvenient.

I was just curious as it seems like no company is doing them anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭cml387

Continuing employment could be subject to a medical after you start. That would not be unusual.

• Advertisement

cml387 wrote: »
    Continuing employment could be subject to a medical after you start. That would not be unusual.

I know there is companies that do that but I thought every everyone had to to do a medical before they actually get hired.

Advertisement