Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What Compressor?

• 29-06-2021 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭

Well, our compressor gave up the ghost there. Its a 200 ltr one that the father bought off a traveller about 15 years ago and in fairness served us well enough.
    A 200 ltr one is looking like the guts of €1000 and I'm wondering do I need one that size.
    We would be inflating a few tractor tyres and the brother would do a very small bit of spraying with it but not much.
    Would a 90 ltr one leave you struggling to inflate a back tyre for a tractor for example?
    Is there anything ye would tell me to look out for or avoid?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,057 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

The good thing about a 90L is you can fill it with air in the yard and bring it out to the field if needed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭lab man

Bullocks wrote: »
    Well, our compressor gave up the ghost there. Its a 200 ltr one that the father bought off a traveller about 15 years ago and in fairness served us well enough.
    A 200 ltr one is looking like the guts of €1000 and I'm wondering do I need one that size.
    We would be inflating a few tractor tyres and the brother would do a very small bit of spraying with it but not much.
    Would a 90 ltr one leave you struggling to inflate a back tyre for a tractor for example?
    Thanks

Get a new motor mount it on the tank 400 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

Thanks

Who did the traveller buy it off? :P

I'm also looking for a compressor. Looking at a Fini 50L Supertiger

https://www.caulfieldindustrial.com/p/fini-supertiger-265m-50-litre-220-volt-professional-direct-drive-air-compressor/p-015604

Pricey enough but of all the things you can cheap-out on, a compressor should not be one of them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭Castlekeeper

bfa1509 wrote: »
    Who did the traveller buy it off? :P

I'm also looking for a compressor. Looking at a Fini 50L Supertiger

https://www.caulfieldindustrial.com/p/fini-supertiger-265m-50-litre-220-volt-professional-direct-drive-air-compressor/p-015604

Pricey enough but of all the things you can cheap-out on, a compressor should not be one of them
    I suppose it depends on what your running off it.
    I've a 90l one I got in Lidl quite a long time ago for about €100 and tis still pumping everything its asked. I'd just take out the valve for something big like a rear tractor tyre.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭dzer2

Thanks

What gave up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

dzer2 wrote: »
    What gave up

I was just talking to an electrician there this morning and he said he would take a look in case it is just a capacitor or something like that.
    We were hitting the reset button for a long while to get it pumping and then turning the belt to get it started but now none of those are working.

I was just talking to an electrician there this morning and he said he would take a look in case it is just a capacitor or something like that.
    We were hitting the reset button for a long while to get it pumping and then turning the belt to get it started but now none of those are working.

New capacitor so

Was the motor getting hot

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

dzer2 wrote: »
    New capacitor so

Was the motor getting hot

I don't think so, but I can't say I checked much.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,473 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

This should easily be repaired.

I’d expect capacitor, maybe a rewind or worse case a new motor mounted.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,473 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Have no idea where your located but Clarke Electrical Rewinds in Drumconrath Co Meath are at the top of the game. I’ve dealt with them for 30 years and they don’t mess about.

• Advertisement

_Brian wrote: »
    Have no idea where your located but Clarke Electrical Rewinds in Drumconrath Co Meath are at the top of the game. I’ve dealt with them for 30 years and they don’t mess about.

I think he is limerick
    Electric rewinds are down there but let his Lecky have a look first

Advertisement