Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Job as teacher

Options
  • 29-06-2021 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

I’m over 50 and lost my job because the company moved to India. I’d like to get a job as a language teacher as I speak several European languages. I know there are a lot of Brazilians and other nationalities in Ireland and these people need to speak English in order to find work in Ireland.
    So, I’d like to know if someone can help me with finding the right path to become a language teacher in Ireland. Thanks ðŸ™

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭blackkeyes

Noddy45 wrote: »
    I’m over 50 and lost my job because the company moved to India. I’d like to get a job as a language teacher as I speak several European languages. I know there are a lot of Brazilians and other nationalities in Ireland and these people need to speak English in order to find work in Ireland.
    So, I’d like to know if someone can help me with finding the right path to become a language teacher in Ireland. Thanks ðŸ™

Hey, to become an English language teacher in Ireland you need to have a CELT or CELTA qualification. TEFL isn't accepted officially and schools can get in trouble if not all their teachers are properly certified. However, some schools do try to 'get around' this requirement. Ideally, you'll need the CELT/CELTA for some job security.

Advertisement