Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Irish Open 2021 [No Covid posts]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Neewollah

I would expect them to be out around lunch time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,504 ✭✭✭Speak Now

https://www.europeantour.com/european-tour/dubai-duty-free-irish-open-2021/tee-times?round=1

Lowry and Harrington on same side of the draw :(

At least they are back to back groups so can kind of follow both but you'd imagine most of the crowd will be drawn to them early.

Might just get a spot by the 11th tee and 14th green for the afternoon and watch the groups pass through the 2 par 3's. 13th green very nearby as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭big_drive

Nice draw for Caolan Rafferty to get. Paul Waring & Edoardo molinari, two nicely seasoned European tour pros, he's bound to pick up something from a couple of rounds in their company

• Registered Users Posts: 2,860 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

big_drive wrote: »
    Nice draw for Caolan Rafferty to get. Paul Waring & Edoardo molinari, two nicely seasoned European tour pros, he's bound to pick up something from a couple of rounds in their company

https://irishgolfer.ie/latest-golf-news/feature-interviews/2021/05/16/forever-knocking-on-the-door-caolan-rafferty/

Just read this last week and was really interesting, know Caolan in passing from the range in Dundalk.

Is it a coincidence he gets an invite just after that's published?

https://irishgolfer.ie/latest-golf-news/feature-interviews/2021/05/16/forever-knocking-on-the-door-caolan-rafferty/

Just read this last week and was really interesting, know Caolan in passing from the range in Dundalk.

Is it a coincidence he gets an invite just after that's published?
    Hard to know but I thought there was a lot of truth in that article. For what he's achieved in the amateur game he's never got invited into Pro events etc. Others seem to get all those opportunities despite not achieving as much.
    Personally I think it's his age, at 28 people view him as past it for the pro ranks. They'd prefer take a chance on the likes of Power or McKibben
    As he said he's always been a late bloomer, I wouldn't rule him out yet. Maybe turning pro at a more mature age might be a great thing. Look this year at Caldwell, the beauty of golf is it's not as age dependent as other sports.
    This week could be the very break he needs to measure his game at that level

• Advertisement

big_drive wrote: »
    Hard to know but I thought there was a lot of truth in that article. For what he's achieved in the amateur game he's never got invited into Pro events etc. Others seem to get all those opportunities despite not achieving as much.
    Personally I think it's his age, at 28 people view him as past it for the pro ranks. They'd prefer take a chance on the likes of Power or McKibben
    As he said he's always been a late bloomer, I wouldn't rule him out yet. Maybe turning pro at a more mature age might be a great thing. Look this year at Caldwell, the beauty of golf is it's not as age dependent as other sports.
    This week could be the very break he needs to measure his game at that level

I'll hopefully follow him for a few holes on Friday, would be great to see him make the cut.

I'll follow that group too on the Thursday for a while. I watch Paul Waring on YouTube a fair bit with Alex Evans and he seems a sound lad

• Registered Users Posts: 42 nonsheep7

A pity no Macintyre , anyone know if a reserve now gets his place ??

nonsheep7 wrote: »
    A pity no Macintyre , anyone know if a reserve now gets his place ??

Yeah cut off moved down to 27th place at 2019 Q School.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 nonsheep7

Speak Now wrote: »
    Yeah cut off moved down to 27th place at 2019 Q School.

Thanks ,do you know who that player is ? often the reserve players do well ,just looking at it from a punting perspective.

• Advertisement

nonsheep7 wrote: »
    Thanks ,do you know who that player is ? often the reserve players do well ,just looking at it from a punting perspective.

Dale Whitnell.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭IHateNewShoes

Does anyone know the rules with what you can bring in?

For example a camping chair? And also can you bring in food?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Does anyone know the rules with what you can bring in?

For example a camping chair? And also can you bring in food?

Food definitely

Based on other years I believe camping chairs are ok but with the current situation I'm not sure if they'd be allowed this year, considering there's apparently no seating on the course.

Anyone with a link to the teams in today's Pro Am?

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭SeeMoreBut

1st place is 28 world ranking points

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

SeeMoreBut wrote: »
    1st place is 28 world ranking points

is that good or bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Motivator

Food definitely

Based on other years I believe camping chairs are ok but with the current situation I'm not sure if they'd be allowed this year, considering there's apparently no seating on the course.

No seating on the course is the traditional grandstands, personal seating surely has to be permitted. I can’t see them expecting elderly or impaired spectators to be on their feet all day. If they are ruling out all seating, including a seat someone brings themself, then it is a disgrace.

DuckSlice wrote: »
    is that good or bad?

Bad. Min is 24.

Most weeks on PGA tour be around 50 points

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Motivator wrote: »
    No seating on the course is the traditional grandstands, personal seating surely has to be permitted. I can’t see them expecting elderly or impaired spectators to be on their feet all day. If they are ruling out all seating, including a seat someone brings themself, then it is a disgrace.

I agree with you 100%, but it still wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if that was the case.

Motivator wrote: »

I think it will all be fine. They have to be seen to lay down certain guidelines etc.
    But I think once people are in it will be relaxed enough once people are somewhat respectful towards the regulations

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 Lapse

Selling one adult ticket for Friday if anybody is interested.

No mention of fold up chairs, just says no pinics or picnic hampers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Motivator

Speak Now wrote: »
    No mention of fold up chairs, just says no pinics or picnic hampers :D

That’s one rule I will be breaking so. I’ll have a bag of sandwiches with me. I’m not paying a tenner for a poxy burger or something like that.

In 2004 I remember paying €12 for a roll up there for the American Express. I know it was bang in the middle of the Celtic tiger but it was outrageous.

Was just reading the code of conduct ahead of going in Friday:

"Please also avoid shouting, singing or celebrating all of which may increase risk of transmission."

Celebrating :D Classic!

Supposedly card only as well, no cash and no ATM.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

They mentioned on today Fm they are expecting 2500 fans a day, i thought it was 5k?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

DuckSlice wrote: »
    They mentioned on today Fm they are expecting 2500 fans a day, i thought it was 5k?

I think it’s 5000 on site, the others being players, staff etc

• Registered Users Posts: 17,792 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Is there no coverage till 1pm?

paulie21 wrote: »
    Is there no coverage till 1pm?

No. I expect they are covering all 18 holes of Rory

• Advertisement

Not totally cashless here and lots not wearing masks out and about.

Advertisement