Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Peugeot 5008 diesel automatic, gears?

• 29-06-2021 9:49am

hi everyone, I am on tyhe verge of buying a 2011 Peugout 5008 automatic, and it seems like a very comfortable and economic 7 seater... the thing I have noticed is that there seems to be a long delay and jerk when shifting lower gears. Has anyone encountered this and I wonder is it a symptom of a larger problem about to happen. It has 220,000 km on the clock.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭richardsheil

hi everyone, I am on tyhe verge of buying a 2011 Peugout 5008 automatic, and it seems like a very comfortable and economic 7 seater... the thing I have noticed is that there seems to be a long delay and jerk when shifting lower gears. Has anyone encountered this and I wonder is it a symptom of a larger problem about to happen. It has 220,000 km on the clock.

Thanks

Drive another to compare

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,293 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

They are all like that, that gearbox is just terrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,477 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

bazz26 wrote: »
    They are all like that, that gearbox is just terrible.

That’s the automated manual junk?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,293 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Yeah, that's what they fitted to the majority of first generation 5008, I think the 2.0 HDi had a proper auto but they are rarer than a unicorn in this country.

I think the 3008 had the same setup so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Burt Renaults

Thanks

I had a 206 automatic that used to do something similar when cold. I think it had a Ford gearbox. Does it go into limp mode immediately afterwards (i.e. stays in the same gear until you restart the engine)?

That might be the Durashift EST gearbox which was another pile of rubbish.

I had a 206 automatic that used to do something similar when cold. I think it had a Ford gearbox. Does it go into limp mode immediately afterwards (i.e. stays in the same gear until you restart the engine)?

no, the 5008 is not doing that.... but I have a Megane which is doing something like this, which is the reason I am looking at buying the 5008.

If I thought that this gear jerking in the 5008 was a warning that it could go the same way as the Megane, I would leave it back tomorrow. Money hasn't changed hands yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Tindog76

Depending on the type of jerking, it could be a possibility that there is an issue with the clutch and that is costly to fix on the 5008 automatic. My father in law had this issue with his 18 months ago and was around €1,100 to get fixed. If you have any doubts, get a mechanic to look it over.

I should point out that he has a 2014 1.6 hdi version and other than that, really nice car.

Advertisement