Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Has anybody here tried bot trading?

Options
  • 24-06-2021 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭

Has anybody here tried bot trading, this has been interested me more and more lateley.

I have some experience in coding and some of the YouTube tutorials look doable I'm just not sure where to start really and if it's worth my while

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Short answer, no don't bother wasting your time. You might after afew month's of much wasted time some sort of algorithm that starts to make money across time (so say wins 55% of the time or whatever), but then one single big market shock drops your account by like 40%, and your back in the red. There are alot easier and more enjoyable ways to make money in life ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

I doubt there's a bot capable of making sensible decisions on your behalf just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭False Prophet

Would be a nightmare in regards taxes as well id imagine both in having the margin cover taxes and in paying taxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Would be a nightmare in regards taxes as well id imagine both in having the margin cover taxes and in paying taxes.

Not really, you just have to declare your profit (if any) at the end of the year and then pay CGT on that

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ConseyMan

They have trading bots on Huobi and KuCoin. Kucoin is probably best, more coins, can alter the paramaters of a running bot, classic grid and futures bots. You can start trying it out pretty quick. It's not easy, requires patience and a good eye for the market.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Gadge

ConseyMan wrote: »
    They have trading bots on Huobi and KuCoin. Kucoin is probably best, more coins, can alter the paramaters of a running bot, classic grid and futures bots. You can start trying it out pretty quick. It's not easy, requires patience and a good eye for the market.

I always have my coins running on the trading bot on kucoin, the more volatile the better, often times I'd be up 1 or 2 % even if the coin's current price is below my entry price.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

There is a chap? in the main investments forum who has created his own bot and traded for the last 12 months on it and is up 100%. Sounds like he put a lot of work\time into it. Might be worth contacting him directly.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,865 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

There is a chap? in the main investments forum who has created his own bot and traded for the last 12 months on it and is up 100%. Sounds like he put a lot of work\time into it. Might be worth contacting him directly.

Can I get a link please?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ConseyMan

Gadge wrote: »
    I always have my coins running on the trading bot on kucoin, the more volatile the better, often times I'd be up 1 or 2 % even if the coin's current price is below my entry price.

Been struggling a bit my self, it's quite difficult to get the right coin at the right time. Have you tried the futures grid? Are you on the telegram channel?

Advertisement