Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New beep scheme

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,955 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

When is the cut of for signing up?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭tanko

April 26th i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭lab man

What's the advantage in registering calves before they are born?

They can sell calves earlier as in the 14 day rule from what i believe can be 20 days on the card but 10 days in reality

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

Weighed a few but can’t find on ICBF where to put the weights
    BEEPs is showing the 2020 scheme

The system isn't ready for you yet.
    Most of the ones i'll be weighing aren't even born yet:pac:

• Advertisement

tanko wrote: »
    The system isn't ready for you yet.
    Most of the ones i'll be weighing aren't even born yet:pac:

Some October calves are 300+kg and will soon be ready for the sales

Some October calves are 300+kg and will soon be ready for the sales

Ah yeah, i know. I think you just weigh them, record the weights and input them when the system lets you. Best check with ICBF i suppose.

I think you might be able to register your scales and input the weights now.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭nqtfarmer

We’re autumn calving here and will be hoping to wean calves and sell what’s due to the mart. Can the mart’s weighing scale not do as the weighing scale? Save a day of fighting as they kick around the scale

nqtfarmer wrote: »
    We’re autumn calving here and will be hoping to wean calves and sell what’s due to the mart. Can the mart’s weighing scale not do as the weighing scale? Save a day of fighting as they kick around the scale

You have to weigh both cows & unweaned calves at the same time
    Also don’t weigh close to sale day as if mart weight is less than recorded weight they will be disqualified

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭TooOldBoots

Signed up again for the Scheme, I choose to vaccinate instead of meal feeding this time. The meal feeding is not really an option for me as the cow pairs are all over the place and half my day is gone every day going around topping up creep feeders.
    What exactly is involved in the Vaccination option, and how much per head does it work out at?

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭tellmeabit

Where do we enter the weights? Used to have icbf but didn't renew this winter

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Dunedin

Just applied there on line. Vaccination, weighing and dung samples

tellmeabit wrote: »
    Where do we enter the weights? Used to have icbf but didn't renew this winter

You can ring dept & they’ll send you out a form
    They’ll want to know the weighting date first

Signed up again for the Scheme, I choose to vaccinate instead of meal feeding this time. The meal feeding is not really an option for me as the cow pairs are all over the place and half my day is gone every day going around topping up creep feeders.
    What exactly is involved in the Vaccination option, and how much per head does it work out at?

Did it last year
    You give 1 live IBR jab with either 2 Bovipast jabs 4 weeks apart or 1 intranasal
    Cost me €180 for 10 calves going the 2 jab route
    Doing the meal feeding this year
    Can you give the vaccination program when leaving the shed? Would it still be in the system 4 months later?

Thanks. Was handy to be able to enter them myself with icbf

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Anto_Meath

You can enter the weights on the ICBF website. You don't have to be paid up to it, once you have a username & password you can use some of the basic stuff on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭lab man

Lads I sold 3 weanlings there tuesday I was ment to weigh them last Saturday I'm now going weighing on this Saturday can I put these 3 in using the weight they were at the mart?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,699 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Is there an application form you can print off and fill in?
    My neighbour wants to join again this year and he asked my to print him a form.

I've already joined myself online.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

Is there an application form you can print off and fill in?
    My neighbour wants to join again this year and he asked my to print him a form.

I've already joined myself online.

Think you have to sing up on AGfood
    Ring iCBF, they’d tell you if there is a form

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Micey.ie

Anyone do their dung sampling yet for 2021 Or know of prices? I used oldcastle last year(€25).Got email from them today advising to get kit early this year as bigger demand -€35 now and said be dearer later in year.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭pure breed

Micey.ie wrote:
    Anyone do their dung sampling yet for 2021 Or know of prices? I used oldcastle last year(€25).Got email from them today advising to get kit early this year as bigger demand -€35 now and said be dearer later in year.

Farm Labs the same via email. Have to have them ordered by 2 July the latest no orders after this date.
    The samples taken and returned by 1st August are €36
    Samples after 1st till 28th August €48 and then 30th Aug till 17th Sept €56.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭hopeso

I know it says to pen the cows, and take the samples off the floor afterwards, but has anyone tried getting the samples outside? Surely if you went out while the cows are lying down, you'd get enough fresh samples after they get up?

hopeso wrote: »
    I know it says to pen the cows, and take the samples off the floor afterwards, but has anyone tried getting the samples outside? Surely if you went out while the cows are lying down, you'd get enough fresh samples after they get up?

Ya that's what I did Sunday morning, collected as they stood up.
    Dropped them off and results yesterday. Positive for rumen fluke.
    Had forgotten that they don't give individual result for each sample. May not have been as careful collecting if I remembered that.
    Don't know why we don't have to just submit one larger combined sample.
    Suppose I'll have them on the zanil at the weekend.

Did them in the field I should have said

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭ABitofsense

hopeso wrote: »

That's how i did it last year and how ill do it this year. Once they stand, they nearly always go so just scoop it up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭High bike

Whats the story with twins in this scheme,do we get paid for one or 2 or how does it work?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Anto_Meath

High bike wrote: »
    Whats the story with twins in this scheme,do we get paid for one or 2 or how does it work?
    Yes you get paid for each calf.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭High bike

Anto_Meath wrote: »
    Yes you get paid for each calf.
    Grand thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,955 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Has anyone priced around for test kits for dung sampling?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭hopeso

Do you have to fill in the application form on the mybeeb website to rent a scales, or can you just go into the co-op and arrange it there?

Advertisement