Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Anywhere to get very large cup bras?

• 27-06-2021 8:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭

I am a 34JJ and used to shop at bravissimo. In their own brand, I was always the same size. However, now there are taxes and charges and no way to try on a load of bras and then send them back without being hit by charges for bras you are not even going to wear.

All the shops here seem to stop at a HH. Is there anywhere at all that sells large cup bras?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭SunnySundays

Since Brexit, I have used Zalando and Next instead of bravissimo.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Galbin

Since Brexit, I have used Zalando and Next instead of bravissimo.

Sadly those places do not have anywhere near my size. It seems that you are totally screwed if you have a small or standard back size coupled with a massive cup size. Depressing.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭SunnySundays

https://www.littlewoodsireland.ie/women/lingerie/bras/e/b/1711,6542.end

Not a huge selection but they have some. Next usually do but can't see any at the moment.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Galbin wrote: »
    I am a 34JJ and used to shop at bravissimo. In their own brand, I was always the same size. However, now there are taxes and charges and no way to try on a load of bras and then send them back without being hit by charges for bras you are not even going to wear.

All the shops here seem to stop at a HH. Is there anywhere at all that sells large cup bras?

Have a look on reddit.com/r/abrathatfits - I think they have lists of suppliers for different bra sizes, including trickier to find sizes.

/edit: I've checked and there's nothing listed for your size, but it might be worth asking.

edit again: The Lady's Slip in Tramore do large sizes, if you could get there. https://tlslingerie.ie/

At least shopping in person means you can try on sister sizes, like 36J, in case it helps get a good fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭PmMeUrDogs

In Ireland, there's nowhere I've found - I resorted to forcing myself into H for a while.

BraStop and Curvy Kate both do bigger cups, CK go up to a K I believe. I haven't had any customs on orders yet, but that's not to say there won't be any.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭lonestargirl

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,614 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

I have the same problem but am trying to hold out a couple of months and go to the UK for a Bravissimo visit. So frustrated that they closed their Belfast store.

Arnotts look to have a few things in your size.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Just to add to this now we're back.

I went into Arnotts. They had a tiny amount of offerings in my size but one was very nice and one was acceptable.

SimplyBe seems to have a decent online range if you know your size. They're saying there's no VAT or customs on their Irish deliveries.

I also ordered something from Bravissimo as a test to see how much it was going to cost (desperately need new sports bra, which nowhere in Ireland seems to be able to provide).

Anyone got seed capital for a business?!

Genealogy Forum Mod

Definitely keep us up to date on Bravissimo! Their Satine bra is my every day bra, I'm usually in London or Belfast at least once a year so I'd stock up :( Their Belfast store is such a loss!

• Advertisement

Right, so bravissimo package left by regular An Post delivery today. Seems to have evaded customs, unless that's going to come separately? I expected to get a docket & go to the sorting office to collect and pay any duties.

Genealogy Forum Mod

I was so desperate that I ended up ordering from Bravissimo too. I had ordered from other online stores listed above but had to keep sending them back because every brand is different, whereas I know my size is the same in all the Bravissimo brand bras. So I ordered a Satine, and it arrived with no customs charges. I just did a massive order to get a dress for a wedding though, so wish me luck for that. I expect to be hit with serious charges, but when you are a JJ cup and a 12-14 waist there is really no way around it in these times where you can't even try dresses on in shops or anything.

It is so annoying that they closed their Belfast store! I don't see why there is such little choice for us here in Ireland, especially when you consider that statistically Irish women are more likely to be apple-shaped (and thus have big boobs) than pear-shaped (with smaller boobs). I wonder how many Irish women my size are squeezing themselves into like 40Hs because they don't realise that the bra alphabet goes way beyond a H cup.

Oh keep us posted on the charges please.

I listened to a BBC Moreorless podcast recently where they examined the stats about women not wearing the correct bra size. It was fascinating.

I also ordered something from SimplyBe (2 weeks ago). It's been shipped but has not yet arrived. All their correspondence confusingly comes from Oxendales.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Just updating this to say I ordered £214 sterling worth of clothing and a bra and received zero taxes or charges. I have no idea why both parcels have escaped customs but there you go. Looks like it is worth ordering from Bravissimo if it is the place you normally buy bras from. Their Bravissimo brand bras always fit me, so I will be sticking to them as other brands are hit and miss and I can't be fecked with constantly ordering and returning.

Also, they are shutting down their clothing range so if you are totally out of proportion like me, order now before they are all gone. Thanks COVID!

I'm gonna chance it! Updates to follow.

Fantastic that you avoided customs on all that gear.

How did you hear they're shutting down their clothing ranges?! ETA: found it. https://www.bravissimo.com/clothing-update/

A little closer to home, I found a shop in Carlow called Mariesue.ie, with a branch in Newbridge as well. Just got 3 excellent bras in my size from them (Elomi) and really happy with them. I ordered online but would certainly drive there to try more stock.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭gipi

Might be helpful. They have a shop in Drogheda and sell online.

My order arrived and no customs or delays - if only I'd ordered the right size 😅 Such a dope, must not have been paying attention. No free returns sadly so will have to bring it to the post office and hope it doesn't cost too much!

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭dazed+confused

Can't help bit feel that this thread is a way for the management at Boards to try to recover from all the recent criticism and drum up a bit of traffic.

Not sure what your point is.

We're using Boards for exactly its purpose: sharing info & experiences.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭dePeatrick

I don’t know if this is of any interest but I have a friend who bought up the contents of a Lingerie shop that was closing down, she sold to friends and relatives and made a good profit but there is still a lot of stock left over, I know it’s stored in my house 😄 All top names from what I remember and sports tops. I’ll get more info if anyone is interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭dePeatrick

Friend will be here this evening, will get her to check 😊

Mod notes:

Any private selling should not be done over the forum, take it to PM please and thank you 😃

dazed+confused, I have no idea where you're coming from but if you have an issue with a post, please report it, or an issue with the forum you can PM me directly. Derailing the thread is not the place for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,825 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Oxendales and Simply Be do bras for bigger busts

They do indeed. My issue is small back plus large cup gives limited choices in their shops.

I ordered from them - it took 3 weeks for delivery, the bra fit but didn't look good, I returned it and was refunded within about 2 weeks. Protracted but fairly manageable.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Advertisement