Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Typo on Marriage Cert

• 21-06-2021 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭

We got married in May this year and just got our marriage cert today. There is a typo in my fathers name. I would be almost 100% sure it was not there on the marriage licence as we were in registering our intent to marry twice due to postponing for covid so checked over the details on the licence twice.

Obviously this will need to be fixed but I know the registration office is tough to get in touch with at the moment. I also need to apply for my passport as my one expired last year, can I use the cert with the typo since the its just my fathers name that is incorrect?

We also paid for 2 certs to make changing my name on multiple places easier, would we have to pay again to have them both replaced?

Comments

I know its not exactly the same situation but there was an error made in my mothers death certificate last year, (wrong date) I contacted the HSE civil registration service by email they were super helpful, and very fast.

They amended the certificate and send me replacements at no charge, but I did have to return the incorrect certificate to them first.

Civil Registration Service

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Also not the same thing, but there’s a typo on one of my kids birth certs, I have a form that needs to be filled in and witnessed by a peace commissioner, and sent back to them, and they’ll re-issue another. I assume it’s a similar process for marriage cert. not sure about the cost though

Advertisement