Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Service history digital?

Options
  • 28-06-2021 9:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭

Buying a car off a main simi dealer and no stamps in the book at all only one they just did. Car is 2017 in a main dealer and same brand I’m buying.

They say they should have a record of the 1st couple of services. It’s on 80k at the min.

Is this the norm or should there be a written record?

Comments

It's perfectly normal. There'll be a written record when they press the print button!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,388 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

It’s unusual that they stamp the book for this particular service and not for any of the others.

I’d be looking for evidence of the other services tbh.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 989 ✭✭✭ineedeuro

Zane97 wrote: »
    Buying a car off a main simi dealer and no stamps in the book at all only one they just did. Car is 2017 in a main dealer and same brand I’m buying.

They say they should have a record of the 1st couple of services. It’s on 80k at the min.

Is this the norm or should there be a written record?

THey should be able to give you a print out of the records on the system.

Advertisement