Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

MF 135 hydraulic controls

Options
  • 28-06-2021 9:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Was doing a bit of topping the other day with the 135 and finger bar mower as i lifted the mower the steel tipping pipe under the seat burst. I think my issue is im not using the lift levers correctly, thought I would find a video on utube to explain but cant. I though that the tipping house wasn't pressurised unless another "lever" was moved to activate it?
    Below is where the levels are, i use the square one to lift the arms and leave the round one up. Doing a bit of googling I now think this is the wrong approach. The housing for the levers are all rusty so I can see the "instructions"
    Anyone who can explain how to lift and use for example the finger bar mower and where the levers should be (approx)
    Below is a picture of my lift levers

IMG_20210627_105924704_HDR.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭The Nutty M

The positions of those two levers is right. The round knob one will activate the draft in conjunction with the top link when it is let down. Have you a picture of the burst pipe? Is the diverter valve between your legs off the top of the gearbox in the straight up position?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,959 ✭✭✭emaherx

You are using the levers the right way, but you may be lifting it a little high, when you pull the square lever all the way to the top it goes into constant pumping which will pressurize the steal pipe (unless you have a divert valve under the seat, then it will depend which position it is in).

On tractors without the divert lever there will be some pressure sent to the steal pipe anyway when the arms are lifted, it could just have given up with age potentially 50 year old steal pipe. If you are using it wrong you should hear the pump going into constant pumping.

From your picture I can read the words constant pump where the lever will activate it. If you can loosen the knob at the bottom and slide it to the top you can use it as a marker just before the constant pumping zone on the quadrant.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭jaginsligo

emaherx wrote: »
    You are using the levers the right way, but you may be lifting it a little high, when you pull the square lever all the way to the top it goes into constant pumping which will pressurize the steal pipe (unless you have a divert valve under the seat, then it will depend which position it is in).

On tractors without the divert lever there will be some pressure sent to the steal pipe anyway when the arms are lifted, it could just have given up with age potentially 50 year old steal pipe. If you are using it wrong you should hear the pump going into constant pumping.

From your picture I can read the words constant pump where the lever will activate it. If you can loosen the knob at the bottom and slide it to the top you can use it as a marker just before the constant pumping zone on the quadrant.

god bless your eye sight.
    I'll put that marker to block me "over doing it".
    good to clear up the "which lever" question.

Must check later for a valve under the seat, didnt notice

Thanks guys

jaginsligo wrote: »
    god bless your eye sight.
    I'll put that marker to block me "over doing it".
    good to clear up the "which lever" question.

Must check later for a valve under the seat, didnt notice

That's what zoom function is for ;)
    Not all 135's will be fitted with the valve under the seat, so it's probably not fitted, without the valve the tipping pipe operates when lever is pulled all the way back which is what seems to be happening with yours.

• Advertisement

557032.jpg
    Just remembered I have a pic of the pipe that burst, excuse the dirt. In the autumn I'm going to do a big clean up and paint job
    No sign of any value there

mf135.jpg

jaginsligo wrote: »
    Just remembered I have a pic of the pipe that burst, excuse the dirt. In the autumn I'm going to do a big clean up and paint job
    No sign of any value there

mf135.jpg

No you don't have one it's not uncommon. I'd say corrosion on that pipe was the main cause of your failure. Without a valve the pipe will be under some pressure everytime you raise the arms.

Advertisement