Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recruit Prison Officer 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 clum2020

Sylvia2013 wrote: »
    Were you wanting long for the security clearance, from when you sent it off to hearing back? I'm hearing a lot of different things from people, anything from 10 weeks to 18 months. Not sure what to believe..

Ya it's very inconsistent with each application different because of information supplied or living outside the state for a period of time so everyones timeline will be different unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Rachel03069320

Were you wanting long for the security clearance, from when you sent it off to hearing back? I'm hearing a lot of different things from people, anything from 10 weeks to 18 months. Not sure what to believe..

I'm still waiting on my clearance from March 2019

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Bryan1986

I'm still waiting on my clearance from March 2019

3 years???

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Bryan1986

Bryan1986 wrote: »
    3 years???

2 years my bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Shane398

Just sent off my clearance, has anyone that has sent it off in late 2020/early 2021 heard back yet?? How long did it take for ye? And any word on a physical/medical for ye yet??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Biker90

Anyone starting in April class ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Smahony

Has anyone heard anything from the 2020 program

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭AllthingsCP

Smahony wrote: »
    Has anyone heard anything from the 2020 program
    I'm from the 2020 recruitment just waiting on clearance.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Tomtom3105

I'm from the 2020 recruitment just waiting on clearance.

Have you the fitness done ?

The lack of communication from ips is frustrating, I understand there’s a pandemic going on but you’d think they’d keep you somewhat updated with possible dates of fitness/medical etc...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Arod13

The lack of communication from ips is frustrating, I understand there’s a pandemic going on but you’d think they’d keep you somewhat updated with possible dates of fitness/medical etc...

This is nothing,wait till it’s only clearance your waiting on!

Anyone hear anything back lately? anyone else clearance back?

Haven't heard anything its really in our best interests to forget about it until we get an email I am not expectimg to be called for fitness til the end of the summer and dont expect my clearance to be back til 2022 realistically.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Ironhead93

Is there any reason why the clearance takes so long? my friend joined the garda and his clearance was back in 2 months and i'd imagine the garda clearance is much more thorough.

Ironhead93 wrote: »
    Is there any reason why the clearance takes so long? my friend joined the garda and his clearance was back in 2 months and i'd imagine the garda clearance is much more thorough.

Probably cos they don't need us for another year or so with all the recruits they have already.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Smahony

I sent my clearenx away last Oct. rang in January told it could be 12-18 months away before I’d hear anything back. Then got email 2/3 weeks ago with my clearance back. I think getting it back is like picking the lottery no’s But I’ve heard no more since.

Smahony wrote: »
    I sent my clearenx away last Oct. rang in January told it could be 12-18 months away before I’d hear anything back. Then got email 2/3 weeks ago with my clearance back. I think getting it back is like picking the lottery no’s But I’ve heard no more since.

5 months isn't bad, I've got no family abroad and no criminal record so hope it won't take too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Dean2020

any word on the next recruiment drive by the lrish prision service 3rd time applying

• Registered Users Posts: 24 clum2020

Interested to know how many people in this forum succesfully completed the medical stage deadline by yesterday?

clum2020 wrote: »
    Interested to know how many people in this forum succesfully completed the medical stage deadline by yesterday?

Didn't hear anything about a deadline, I did my interview in March and sent off clearance and still waiting on medical appointment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Pathfinder2285

Didn't hear anything about a deadline, I did my interview in March and sent off clearance and still waiting on medical appointment

Once you get invited for a Medical/Audiogram I believe they give you 28 days to get them done, deadlines are at an individual basis, it just gives the IPS enough candidates for the next stage PCT, worst case if you did miss the deadline just phone then up, they will just send out more emails etc, it’s not a big deal, nothing to stress about

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Sylvia2013

I had my interview in February with clearance forms sent first week in March. Haven't heard a thing since.

I had my interview in February with clearance forms sent first week in March. Haven't heard a thing since.

Same boat, are we waiting for a medical date or security clearance to come back because it was pointed out to me that it might not be tje smartest thing to send a load of hopefuls for fitness if they may not even pass their clearance?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Borrow

Tomtom3105 wrote: »
    Same boat, are we waiting for a medical date or security clearance to come back because it was pointed out to me that it might not be tje smartest thing to send a load of hopefuls for fitness if they may not even pass their clearance?

When a bunch of yous do your pct test.after successful completion some will have there security clearance back on the day of pct and some will not.just roll with it and yous will get there eventually

Just got invited to start my medical, have a question about the health questionnaire if anyone else has done it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Sylvia2013

Tomtom3105 wrote: »
    Just got invited to start my medical, have a question about the health questionnaire if anyone else has done it?

That's great.. Did you get security clearance back as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Moo02

Hi, did anyone else get called for role play exercise? Anyone who’s done it before what can I expect?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

Moo02 wrote: »
    Hi, did anyone else get called for role play exercise? Anyone who’s done it before what can I expect?

Yeah I have! You should have received familiarisation material? Read that to familiarise yourself with the exercise. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

I see some people mentioning 80k a year (with overtime) for the salary of a prison officer. Is this though?

The information booklet outlines the basic salary of:
    Salary
    As of 1 January 2020 the following salary scale applies to Recruit Prison Officers:
    PPC €29,928.00 €31,101.00 €33,852.00
    NORMAL MAX

I find it kind of optimistic to be thinking you'd accumulate enough overtime to earn 50k?

What're your opinions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Leo Demidov

job seeker wrote:
    I see some people mentioning 80k a year (with overtime) for the salary of a prison officer. Is this though?

job seeker wrote:
    I find it kind of optimistic to be thinking you'd accumulate enough overtime to earn 50k?

job seeker wrote:

The quoted pay scale is for rpo, 80k is quite achievable after about a decade.

Advertisement