Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anybody used a Thule UpRide to carry bike

Options
  • 25-06-2021 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

Hi,

Looking for a way to carry my carbon road bike on the car roof. Came across the Thule UpRide which seems to do the job, i.e. no contact with the frame.

Anybody have any experience with this rack?

https://www.wiggle.co.uk/thule-599-upride-locking-bike-rack

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,215 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

you also need the cross bars and clamps and the upride that you’ve linked to. It’s perfectly adequate and will do what you want it to do.

I use the seasucker talon suction rack. Cheaper and easier to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

I have it. And have used it with both my road bike and mountain bike. It’s very easy to use.

My other Bike rack for the roof is the one that has bar that grips the downtube and I prefer the other one.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭efwren

Thanks for the replies.

Dont want to go down the sea sucker route as dont want to have my forks as the anchor point, and already have roof bars on the car.

Sounds like the up ride will do the job.

Advertisement