Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Handicap calculation in fourball matchplay

Options
  • 25-06-2021 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭

How is that calculated with the new system....9/10s etc lowest player goes to scratch...totally lost.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,010 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Dr Devious wrote: »
    How is that calculated with the new system....9/10s etc lowest player goes to scratch...totally lost.
    Playing handicap is 95% of course handicap then the usual process of taking the lowest PH and everyone plays relative to that.

prawnsambo wrote: »
    Playing handicap is 95% of course handicap then the usual process of taking the lowest PH and everyone plays relative to that.

They get the full difference now from the lower handicap after the 95% has been applied to everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 971 ✭✭✭paulos53

90% is the allowance for fourball matchplay

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Dr Devious

Can you dumb it down even more for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,010 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Sorry on both counts. 90% is correct, I'm too used to typing 95%. :(

Also yes, I should have been clear that it's full difference to lowest handicap once playing handicaps have been calculated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 971 ✭✭✭paulos53

Dr Devious wrote: »
    Can you dumb it down even more for me.

1. Calculate everybody's Course Handicap
    2. Playing Handicap = Course Handicap x 90%
    3. The low player goes to scratch and everybody else is adjusted by the same number

Here is an example:
    Player A: Course Handicap 6
    Player B: Course Handicap 10
    Player C: Course Handicap 16
    Player D: Course Handicap 22

Then apply the 90% allowance to get the Playing Handicaps
    A: 5
    B: 9
    C: 14
    D: 20

The lowest handicap is 5 so reduce everybody's Playing Handicap by 5 to get the number of shots

A: 0
    B: 4
    C: 9
    D: 15

Advertisement