Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rumen fluke

Options
  • 25-06-2021 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    What are ye using to treat rumen fluke.
    I've animal super here and wondering does it cover rumen. It says it covers liver fluke but doenst say rumen.
    Do I need to use zanil or similar to tackle it.
    Shows up in beep results.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,057 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

tellmeabit wrote: »
    Hi all,
    What are ye using to treat rumen fluke.
    I've animal super here and wondering does it cover rumen. It says it covers liver fluke but doenst say rumen.
    Do I need to use zanil or similar to tackle it.
    Shows up in beep results.

Levatas Dimond here.
    Animal super is Ivomectin so no use for rumen fluke

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭J.O. Farmer

Levatas Dimond here.
    Animal super is Ivomectin so no use for rumen fluke

The super part is Clorsulon but only good against adult liver fluke.

Zanil and Levafas Diamond are the only 2 options for rumen fluke.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭tellmeabit

The super part is Clorsulon but only good against adult liver fluke.

Zanil and Levafas Diamond are the only 2 options for rumen fluke.

Rang vet there, no zanil but has rumenil. Does it cover? I has a link before that had most of products available in Ireland and said what the covered and didn't cover. Even printer it out can't lay me hands on it.

Rang vet there, no zanil but has rumenil. Does it cover? I has a link before that had most of products available in Ireland and said what the covered and didn't cover. Even printer it out can't lay me hands on it.

It has the oxyclozanide so think that's the ingredient in zanil

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭J.O. Farmer

It has the oxyclozanide so think that's the ingredient in zanil

That's it, it's even in the name. Rumenil is a portmanteau of rumen and zanil.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

You can look them up here;

https://www.hpra.ie/homepage/veterinary

'The Bishops blessed the Blueshirts in Galway, As they sailed beneath the Swastika to Spain'

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

There is an AHI.ie pdf leaflet on rumen fluke online. I can't post a link as the laptop is on the blink. Their advice seems to be treat individual animals with liquid faeces only, not blanket coverage of the herd.
    We treat these animals with 105 ml zanil ( max dose) and follow 10 to 14 days later follow up with another 105 ml zanil.

There is an AHI.ie pdf leaflet on rumen fluke online. I can't post a link as the laptop is on the blink. Their advice seems to be treat individual animals with liquid faeces only, not blanket coverage of the herd.
    We treat these animals with 105 ml zanil ( max dose) and follow 10 to 14 days later follow up with another 105 ml zanil.

Used to do them At housing and maybe if ebought were veet loose.some of our place is very wet, black even. Tried drainage to see of can dry up a bit.
    Beep said it was present now, rang and they said samples are pooled. Not sure why we have to give individual samples them.
    Anyways.

Would they want 2 doses i thought the zanil kills all stages?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

Used to do them At housing and maybe if ebought were veet loose.some of our place is very wet, black even. Tried drainage to see of can dry up a bit.
    Beep said it was present now, rang and they said samples are pooled. Not sure why we have to give individual samples them.
    Anyways.

Would they want 2 doses i thought the zanil kills all stages?
    I think the leaflet said zanil only killed adult rumen fluke, the follow up catch the immatures

Pretty expensive for just testing one pooled sample. Like every other scheme they see an opening for sogging it on.

• Advertisement
Advertisement