Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ticketmaster Gift card: How to get refund or replacement for cancelled event?

Options
  • 23-06-2021 11:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Has anybody experience with how to get a refund or replacement for a Ticketmaster Gift Card if the event was cancelled?

We bought an 80.- Euro gift card for our daughter last year, which she used to book Longitude. When that was cancelled she received an immediate refund for the additional cash amount paid, but not for the Gift Card portion of the ticket price. There was no information provided on what should happen in this respect, Ticketmaster can't be reached by phone at the moment and the feedback form at help.ticketmaster.ie/hc/en-ie/requests does not seem to work. When clicking submit it always reloads with the same information entered.

I eventually called the helpline for the Gift Card purchase support. Apparently the cards are not sold by Ticketmaster directly. They were very helpful in providing me with the serial number of the gift card, but referred me to the same request form that doesn't seem to be working. They even tried to submit a request from their end, with the same result.

I imagine that scenario must arise often. Would be great to hear from anyone else about how a refund or replacement can be obtained?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭fafy

bgx22 wrote: »
    Has anybody experience with how to get a refund or replacement for a Ticketmaster Gift Card if the event was cancelled?

We bought an 80.- Euro gift card for our daughter last year, which she used to book Longitude. When that was cancelled she received an immediate refund for the additional cash amount paid, but not for the Gift Card portion of the ticket price. There was no information provided on what should happen in this respect, Ticketmaster can't be reached by phone at the moment and the feedback form at help.ticketmaster.ie/hc/en-ie/requests does not seem to work. When clicking submit it always reloads with the same information entered.

I eventually called the helpline for the Gift Card purchase support. Apparently the cards are not sold by Ticketmaster directly. They were very helpful in providing me with the serial number of the gift card, but referred me to the same request form that doesn't seem to be working. They even tried to submit a request from their end, with the same result.

I imagine that scenario must arise often. Would be great to hear from anyone else about how a refund or replacement can be obtained?

Had the gift card expired by the time the refund was actually made ?

I had a cancelled gig, where the ticket was purchased in full on a gift card, and the refund went back on the card.

Then i had another gig cancelled, almost all the price was paid by my credit card, but a small amount was used to (about €10) to use up a small balance on another gift card, and i got the full total refunded to my credit card.

If it were me, i would Submit a refund “request”, and see where that takes you, but quote the gift card number, and the amount, which has not been refunded, as well as the original order number.

Idon’t think i’d be interested in another TM gift card, it can get messy, and expiry dates can impact, and this is a perfect example.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

bgx22 wrote: »

Try private messaging @TMIrelandHelp on Twitter. They sorted similar issue for me. Gift card had expired but the refund had went there so they just issued me with a new voucher. They usually reply fairly quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 3 bgx22

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately we no longer have the gift card. It was considered spent and not reusable. The cancellation happened over a year after the booking. I will try @TMIrelandHelp

• Registered Users Posts: 3 bgx22

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    Try private messaging @TMIrelandHelp on Twitter. They sorted similar issue for me. Gift card had expired but the refund had went there so they just issued me with a new voucher. They usually reply fairly quickly
    Contacted @TMIrelandHelp and got a replacement e-giftcard within the hour. Thanks for the info
    @davywalsh7

And yes, the refund went back onto the original card.

Advertisement