Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone for another tournament?

Options
  • 23-06-2021 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,167 ✭✭✭✭

I know we only finished the christmas special tournament there a couple of weeks ago, but traffic has slowed here in the christmas forum, so was wondering if we should move ahead with one of the remaining ones we discussed to get things a tad more lively in here?

The other ones we discussed previously were for christmas songs, we've already done post year 2000, so maybe 1980-1999 or pre 1980 would be a good one?

Of course, a lot would depend on the availability of the mods so if Loughc & Posy are too busy we can leave it for another while.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Was just thinking about this earlier!

I would love to see another tournament however appreciate the work involved so only if mods can accommodate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,167 ✭✭✭✭DvB

TRS30 wrote: »
    Was just thinking about this earlier!

I would love to see another tournament however appreciate the work involved so only if mods can accommodate it.

Yeah, was just thinking its gotten a little quiet in here and the tournaments seem to bring out the regulars & not so regulars. But yeah, it absolutely has to suit the mods... fair is fair like :D
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I think another songs one is the best bet. We could do a catch all pre-2000, but that might end up being pretty mammoth!

The 70's and 80's are probably prime Christmas song era. I'm not as sure about the 60's or 90's. :/

Posy wrote: »
    I think another songs one is the best bet. We could do a catch all pre-2000, but that might end up being pretty mammoth!

The 70's and 80's are probably prime Christmas song era. I'm not as sure about the 60's or 90's. :/

Ooh, so many classics outside the 70s and 80s though...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

We could do a catch all pre-2000 tournament?

Or we can split into 2- a best of the 60s/70s, and best of the 80s/90s if anyone thinks that would be better? :)

• Advertisement

Or we can split into 2- a best of the 60s/70s, and best of the 80s/90s if anyone thinks that would be better? :)

I'm happy either way tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Maybe see how many nomination we get and then make a call?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Agreed :)

Advertisement