Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Recruiters

Options
  • 20-06-2021 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭

Not really an issue, more of an observation...

When we had the unemployment situation, I got used to contacting recruiters and rarely if ever getting a reply. Not entirely unexpected as there would be so many applicants.

Recently. I've had some recruiters get in touch with me via LinkedIn. If I reply saying I'm interested, they never, ever get back!

I'm :confused:. THEY contacted ME! Am I missing something here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Dublin Lad2021

When we had the unemployment situation, I got used to contacting recruiters and rarely if ever getting a reply. Not entirely unexpected as there would be so many applicants.

Recently. I've had some recruiters get in touch with me via LinkedIn. If I reply saying I'm interested, they never, ever get back!

Hi OP,

It can happen for a lot of reasons unfortunately, as a Recruiter myself I've probably done this once or twice over the years.
    The job could get filled or pulled urgently or over night, could have been they thought someone would pull out but then didn't etc.
    They could have realised you don't meet the spec as much as they thought you did from initial glance at your profile. They could have contacted like 30 people and gone with the best 5 that got back to them. You could have gotten back to them and they read the message maybe outside of work hours or at a bad time and then the Recruiter moved on and forgot.

It happens, it's annoying I'm sure it's happened to me but the best thing you can do is just follow up with them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

I've had the exact same experience. It's wasting my time at this stage. They get in touch with me, I politely reply and there's never any follow up.
    Happens too often. It's only manners to get back to the person.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Exact same experience here of late ... its like they are just trying to build their connection count to make it look good that they have access to a large amount of potential candidates. It's like the CV collecting of old

Advertisement