Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Buying Audi Q7 in New Zealand. Any help please

Options
  • 23-06-2021 5:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,999 ✭✭✭

Hey folks,

Just moved to NZ and we are in the process of buying a car. We are settled on a used Q7, 3 years around the 2018 mark. We seen one from a very reputable garage, link below.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/cars/audi/listing/3141013859?bof=YYHfVsbM

Now wife and I know very little about cars so was wondering if anyone could help.

This car seems to be priced on par with some of the 2016/2017 models that we've seen and visited but yet has low mileage. We took it for a drive and it seemed fine but part of me is saying is this to good to be true?

Background is - 2 owners from new in NZ. Last one a female owner who just wanted to downgrade in size. Full service history and just recently services by a reputable Audi Garage; https://www.continentalcars.co.nz/

They say its sline but i thought sline pack would have sline on the seats etc or does the Quattro override that as i see no reference of sline anywhere.

in addition, the garage are giving us their "care pack" in addition to the one year warranty, essentially for 2.3k NZ dollars (1.5k) euro if any claims up to the value of 10k NZD happen over a 3 year period we just pay the excess of 350 NZD. No limit on the number of claims

My question is, is it like we hit 10k NZD (6k euro) issues with a car like this.

Appreciate any help.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 989 ✭✭✭ineedeuro

If unsure just buy from a main Audi dealer

They are talking about extended warranty, seems expensive but I don’t know the market

That could be handy and you might have no problems. I always get it on cars in ireland as it’s a safety net

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭User1998

They say its sline but i thought sline pack would have sline on the seats etc or does the Quattro override that as i see no reference of sline anywhere.

In markets outside Europe its common for Audi to not have S Line embossed in the seats or be badged on the steering wheel. Sometimes there will just be one or two S Line badges on the outside of the car

• Registered Users Posts: 29 iBaxter

Hey folks,

Just moved to NZ and we are in the process of buying a car. We are settled on a used Q7, 3 years around the 2018 mark. We seen one from a very reputable garage, link below.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/cars/audi/listing/3141013859?bof=YYHfVsbM

Now wife and I know very little about cars so was wondering if anyone could help.

This car seems to be priced on par with some of the 2016/2017 models that we've seen and visited but yet has low mileage. We took it for a drive and it seemed fine but part of me is saying is this to good to be true?

Background is - 2 owners from new in NZ. Last one a female owner who just wanted to downgrade in size. Full service history and just recently services by a reputable Audi Garage; https://www.continentalcars.co.nz/

in addition, the garage are giving us their "care pack" in addition to the one year warranty, essentially for 2.3k NZ dollars (1.5k) euro if any claims up to the value of 10k NZD happen over a 3 year period we just pay the excess of 350 NZD. No limit on the number of claims

My question is, is it like we hit 10k NZD (6k euro) issues with a car like this.

Appreciate any help.

Nice looking car, Ive owned Audis before (but not Q7) and they are a top quality brand, on a quick check here 2018 Q7s seem to start from €59K upwards, yours is around €47K, seems good value, but as you say it seems very cheap compared to others in your area, you really need to due a lot of due diligence.

Cant really help you on the Sline spec, but as regards the care package being offered by the garage, I generally regard these offers as money making gimmicks and I would avoid. A good comprehensive motor insurance policy works better IMO.

Anyway good luck with your search there and enjoy NZ.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,999 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

iBaxter wrote: »
    Nice looking car, Ive owned Audis before (but not Q7) and they are a top quality brand, on a quick check here 2018 Q7s seem to start from €59K upwards, yours is around €47K, seems good value, but as you say it seems very cheap compared to others in your area, you really need to due a lot of due diligence.

Cant really help you on the Sline spec, but as regards the care package being offered by the garage, I generally regard these offers as money making gimmicks and I would avoid. A good comprehensive motor insurance policy works better IMO.

Anyway good luck with your search there and enjoy NZ.

Thanks Baxter, do you think it looks odd if we request a mechanic to once over the car?

Thanks Baxter, do you think it looks odd if we request a mechanic to once over the car?

The best check you will have it to run an online diagnostic on the car and see if you get any faults. When I had an A6 they used to provide a huge print out in Audi garage listing all items and status.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,147 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

If I was the OP I'd be researching how common these cars are in NZ first and what sort of after sales support there is for them there. Also what sort of taxes do they attract and what sort of costs are involved in running and maintaining one over there. No point in buying something like that if there are only a handful of them around and your at the mercy of an Audi dealer to maintain and repair it no matter how old it gets. You might also want to look into or check with the locals as to what future taxes these type vehicles might be attracting over there as many countries start seeing big SUVs and diesel vehicles as a target for tackling climate change and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭supue

https://www.carjam.co.nz/ seems to be the NZ equivalent of Cartell, could be worth a check on this. I don't see the S-line logos on steering wheel or seats as someone else says, as you would expect on S-line, but worth comparing with other S-lines to see if there's anything key missing. Probably not much haggle room if car is already well priced.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Doesnt have the under thigh seat extenders I would expect on a European S Line model but again, different markets, different specs

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

If unsure get a mechanic to look it over.
    Do a check as advised to see if insurance right off for example.

It's very black.... As in near everything is black Sothis may well be to do with pricing as it narrows the buyer imo.

If everything checks out and you're happy.... Enjoy the motor.

Thanks everyone for the very detailed posts.

I'm not to worried about the running costs, im in auckland and I've seen quite a few around as well as plenty of BM's and Volvo XC90's. I know the servicing will be more expensive but looking around for full services for Q7 with 25 point check they're around €350 euro.

We are going to ring the garage tomorrow and put down a deposit on the premise that we will get it checked Friday by the AA. They seem to have a good service where they check the car thoroughly and give you a good report so if it throws up any haymakers we will pull out of the deal.

Thanks again for all your help.

• Advertisement

Thanks everyone for the very detailed posts.

I'm not to worried about the running costs, im in auckland and I've seen quite a few around as well as plenty of BM's and Volvo XC90's. I know the servicing will be more expensive but looking around for full services for Q7 with 25 point check they're around €350 euro.

We are going to ring the garage tomorrow and put down a deposit on the premise that we will get it checked Friday by the AA. They seem to have a good service where they check the car thoroughly and give you a good report so if it throws up any haymakers we will pull out of the deal.

Thanks again for all your help.

Best of luck with it, we looked at them recently and ended up going with X5. For the Irish roads it was that little bit smaller compared to the Q7 but they are a beautiful car to drive.

ineedeuro wrote: »
    Best of luck with it, we looked at them recently and ended up going with X5. For the Irish roads it was that little bit smaller compared to the Q7 but they are a beautiful car to drive.

Yea we initially started off looking at x5 but with 4 young kids the extra space in the Q7 won us over.

Yea we initially started off looking at x5 but with 4 young kids the extra space in the Q7 won us over.

Yes the space in the Q7 is brill. Irish roads are just not made for them

User1998 wrote: »
    In markets outside Europe its common for Audi to not have S Line embossed in the seats or be badged on the steering wheel. Sometimes there will just be one or two S Line badges on the outside of the car

I can't find any on the outside either, not a single one.

Then I remembered in 2013 we bought a new 520 MSPORT and that had no badges anywhere either.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭User1998

I can't find any on the outside either, not a single one.

Then I remembered in 2013 we bought a new 520 MSPORT and that had no badges anywhere either.

I’m just looking now at other Q7’s in New Zealand using the website you provided, and lots of them have S Line badging and S Line embossed on the seats, and are they are listed as S Line whereas yours is not, so maybe the reason yours is cheaper is because its not an S Line?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Go in check it out, try not to look too eager to try and get a bit off.....

I'd nearly go in look around and be saying few others to Lok at but make it clear it's not an s line especially if it isn't so you were set on s line

• Registered Users Posts: 21,607 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

User1998 wrote: »
    I’m just looking now at other Q7’s in New Zealand using the website you provided, and lots of them have S Line badging and S Line embossed on the seats, and are they are listed as S Line whereas yours is not, so maybe the reason yours is cheaper is because its not an S Line?

Seen the same myself, I wonder is it just an S-Line exterior pack?

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Timmyr

This is not an S Line, so I would compare the price to lower spec Q7's

https://www.carjam.co.nz/car/?plate=nns993

Thanks everyone. We have moved on and now considering an xc90 which won't hurt us as financially and seems to tick all the boxes for a family.

Thanks everyone. We have moved on and now considering an xc90 which won't hurt us as financially and seems to tick all the boxes for a family.

if you can get the booster in the middle seat :-)
    If I could have found one with that we would have bought, never mind the size

• Advertisement

ineedeuro wrote: »
    if you can get the booster in the middle seat :-)
    If I could have found one with that we would have bought, never mind the size

Yea it seems to come standard now with 2020 and above . Went and had a look at some new ones and we feel.happier buying off a volvo garage with proper warranty.

Advertisement