Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Bargains - Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Canonfan wrote: »
    Still 2 hours 18 mins left, blue Tab S6 lite still in stock €265.45 or 220GBP at the check out.
    Ah, I see now it changes at checkout.

Does €328.09 sound correct for a pair of Buds+ and a blue S4 lite 64gb?
    And I'll get 75 + 45 + 55 = €175 back?

Lastly, if I put in another pair of Buds+, do I get the €45 off those also?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Canonfan

Ah, I see now it changes at checkout.

Does €328.09 sound correct for a pair of Buds+ and a blue S4 lite 64gb?
    And I'll get 75 + 45 + 55 = €175 back?

Lastly, if I put in another pair of Buds+, do I get the €45 off those also?

Buds+ not included in current cash back offer, Buds Pro qualifies €55 cash back but expensive.

S6 lite £222 (€260) - Cashback €75 = €185
    Buds Live £76 (€89) - Cashback €45 = €44

= €229 total - €55 bonus cashback = €174 total for tablet and earbuds

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

Can anyone tell me why if I order an item it says it will arrive Monday, but if I order and click subscribe and save, it won't come until July 19th?

Canonfan wrote: »
    Buds+ not included in current cash back offer, Buds Pro qualifies €55 cash back but expensive.

S6 lite £222 (€260) - Cashback €75 = €185
    Buds Live £76 (€89) - Cashback €45 = €44

= €229 total - €55 bonus cashback = €174 total for tablet and earbuds

Thanks Canonfan, you saved me there!

It's these buds so? €92.37 or £79?
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-Galaxy-Wireless-Earphones-Version/dp/B08C5HFL69/ref=psdc_4085751_t1_B08PW3QVRG?th=1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

timple23 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me why if I order an item it says it will arrive Monday, but if I order and click subscribe and save, it won't come until July 19th?

They bundle all subscribe & save orders together and ship them monthly.

However there should be an option to get the item quicker with Subscribe and Save discount. It should be on the checkout page.

sa.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Yes its Buds Live and you can only claim cash back on each item once. So you cannot claim 45 each on 2 orders of Buds Live and also you will not get 55 promo for buying two items. For that promo it has to be two separate items.

Yes this is the one, you're too late for black one, just order white or pink instead. Don't worry about delivery date because Amazon often dispatch faster, i received email saying my Tab S6 lite will arrive earlier:

Hello

We are pleased to report that the following item will dispatch sooner than expected:

"Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite Wi-Fi - Angora Blue (UK Version)"
    Previous estimated arrival date: July 02 2021
    New estimated arrival date: June 25 2021 - June 28 2021

You're a star, have ordered now. Was tempted by a pink pair for my daughter but no point if no cash back.

Feels like the more I read the more I spend SAVE :D .
    Thanks.

You're a star, have ordered now. Was tempted by a pink pair for my daughter but no point if no cash back.

Feels like the more I read the more I spend SAVE :D .
    Thanks.

Yes with Samsung cash back and Amazon sale it's a pretty sweet deal. I checked Currys.ie it's €429 for Tab S6 lite and €189 for Buds Live.

I totally agree the more I read the more I waste :)
    Just bought Elizabeth Arden Advanced Ceramide Capsules Daily Youth Restoring Serum, 90-Piece for €58.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭stooge

late one but for any campers or day trippers this is a decent deal:

Thermos Stainless King Flask Matt Black, 1.2 L

11.94GBP on checkout

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00JOV3YDG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Advertisement

DroidJoi wrote: »
    I'm getting different prices and its a bit confusing!

Could you please link me the tab and buds?

Thanks

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭5star02707

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Got €6.59 back for export fee for an echo I bought on New Year’s Day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

jarvis wrote: »
    Off topic but has anyone ever seen a radio alarm clock that has zero glow/light. Want to leave the phone away from the bed but need total darkness to sleep.

An echo dot would be perfect?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,040 ✭✭✭OU812

19 orders from yesterday due to arrive tomorrow and the other half just said they’re going to WFH for the rest of the week… 😳

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Krombopulos Michael

Imblue wrote: »
    Yes, I got the ring doorbell working with the existing wired doorbell chime. I didn't think it was possible at first either.
    Took a bit of time to see it in the settings as its not 100% obvious. Go to the ring app, select the divuce, settings, in home chime settings, advanced, mechanical.
    Works for me ring 2 and I set it up like that for my sister who had a ring wired too.
    It's just as easy as removing old button and installing ring.
    Then go through the settings. If it rings oddly try changing from ditigal to mechanical or vice versea.

So decided feck it, ill try install my Ring Wired Doorbell and sure enough yes it works with my lower power transformer. However mechanical ringer doesnt work, and looking at your screenshots, I dont have that option for mechanical doorbell. Must be difference between the Ring Wired and Ring Pro

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Krombopulos Michael

So decided feck it, ill try install my Ring Wired Doorbell and sure enough yes it works with my lower power transformer. However mechanical ringer doesnt work, and looking at your screenshots, I dont have that option for mechanical doorbell. Must be difference between the Ring Wired and Ring Pro

And further to my woe, I thought...ill pick up a Ring Chime for myself.....dispatched in Aug. :(

Edit: Argos to the resuce there

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Morby

Guys, would someone mind taking a look at this and telling me if I was charged correctly or if I need to get onto Amazon about it?

I know there was awful messing going on the past few days with pricing.

Price of item originally I *think* it was around £127 before the Amazon Warehouse 30% discount off. Can't seem to find the original price anywhere in my invoice now.

Items: £105.43

Postage & Packing: £0.00

Total before VAT: £105.43

Total: £105.43

Promotion Applied: -£31.63

Import Fees Deposit £24.25

Order Total: £98.05

Does this seem OK?

Thanks!

Edit: They appear to be taking the 30% discount off the pre-Irish VAT price of £105.43 and not the "proper" Irish price including VAT etc.. so they're not taking 30% from ~£129.68 - is this how it's supposed to be calculated or is there a mistake?

It's only worth about £8 or so but I would still like to know if they're overcharging me or not.

Can anyone shed some light please?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,965 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Morby wrote: »
    Guys, would someone mind taking a look at this and telling me if I was charged correctly or if I need to get onto Amazon about it?

I know there was awful messing going on the past few days with pricing.

Price of item originally I *think* it was around £127 before the Amazon Warehouse 30% discount off. Can't seem to find the original price anywhere in my invoice now.

Items: £105.43

Postage & Packing: £0.00

Total before VAT: £105.43

Total: £105.43

Promotion Applied: -£31.63

Import Fees Deposit £24.25

Order Total: £98.05

Does this seem OK?

Thanks!

Edit: They appear to be taking the 30% discount off the pre-Irish VAT price of £105.43 and not the "proper" Irish price including VAT etc.. so they're not taking 30% from ~£129.68 - is this how it's supposed to be calculated or is there a mistake?

It's only worth about £8 or so but I would still like to know if they're overcharging me or not.

Can anyone shed some light please?

Have they removed the UK VAT? Usually Items price has UK VAT & total before VAT is 20 percent lower. Below is one of my 30 percent off warehouse deals.

Order Summary

Item(s) Subtotal:
    GBP 110.57

Postage & Packing:
    GBP 0.00

Total Before VAT:
    GBP 77.40

VAT:
    GBP 0.00

Total:

Promotion Applied:
    -GBP 33.17

Import Fees Deposit
    GBP 25.43

Grand Total:
    GBP 102.83

Payment Grand Total:
    EUR 122,20

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Morby

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Have they removed the UK VAT? Usually Items price has UK VAT & total before VAT is 20 percent lower.

I think they did. I can't find the original price anywhere but I seem to recall it being approx £127 in the warehouse before the 30% discount off.

So I think the £105 figure they quoted about seems about right for having taking the UK VAT off.

Then they appear to have taken the 30% discount off the pre-VAT price rather than off the entire amount (including Irish VAT) unsure if this is correct or not?

I'm getting more confused the more I look at it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,965 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Morby wrote: »
    I think they did. I can't find the original price anywhere but I seem to recall it being approx £127 in the warehouse before the 30% discount off.

So I think the £105 figure they quoted about seems about right for having taking the UK VAT off.

Then they appear to have taken the 30% discount off the pre-VAT price rather than off the entire amount (including Irish VAT) unsure if this is correct or not?

I'm getting more confused the more I look at it.

If they removed UK VAT leaving 105 then 31 discount is around 30 percent
    The duty deposit is 24 & that around 23 percent of the 105.

Assuming they removed the UK VAT rate then it looks fine to me (without a calculator at hand). It's worth remembering that the duty deposit is a deposit. Amazon always refund any duty overcharging. Usually it's only a few cents but they do refund it. Takes a month to 3 months from what I have found

• Registered Users Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

I got a full refund of the VAT on a tablet holder I ordered early January (4.37GBP). Unless it changed since last year, revenue would not bother collecting this little (Was it less than E6 or E7 they woudlnt collect or something) so maybe that is why it got refunded this time around.

I can only imagine the logistics and admin of processing and following up on the VAT situation for all these orders, it seems absolutely nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,882 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

im looking at something for about £100 on amazon, but typical when i went to check out its not available to ship to ireland
    now ive seen this lots lately and know that if i check later on or in a few days it might be fine

question though, if i leave it there till next week there won't be any difference?
    as in, the only thing that will change after the 30th june is the under 22 deals?

will i still be able to buy my £100 item, they knock off the uk vat and charge the irish vat to make it about £103.... or will it shoot up for any other reason (apart from amazon being amazon and changing the price)

Seve OB wrote: »
    will i still be able to buy my £100 item, they knock off the uk vat and charge the irish vat to make it about £103

Yes. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,303 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Seve OB wrote: »
    im looking at something for about £100 on amazon, but typical when i went to check out its not available to ship to ireland
    now ive seen this lots lately and know that if i check later on or in a few days it might be fine

question though, if i leave it there till next week there won't be any difference?
    as in, the only thing that will change after the 30th june is the under 22 deals?

will i still be able to buy my £100 item, they knock off the uk vat and charge the irish vat to make it about £103.... or will it shoot up for any other reason (apart from amazon being amazon and changing the price)

the only thing changing on July 1st is the exemption for parcels under €22.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Really annoying. I got £10 credit to use on Prime Day. Bought something yesterday using the credit and now the order has been cancelled. Of course, now the credit is gone. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 45,914 ✭✭✭✭muffler

RossieMan wrote: »
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Amazon-Fire-TV-Stick-4K-Ultra-Hd-With-Alexa-Voice-Remote-Streaming-Media-Player/dp/B096TB5CYX/

Firestick 4k + echo 4th gen. Ships directly to Ireland unlike the firestick 4k by itself.
    That didnt deliver to here.

However my wife decided to go for it and it is being delivered to a post office in Strabane for pick up on Friday. €50 for both which was a good deal :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

I got €10 for purchasing the hand sanitiser from a small business. Spent it on prime day, goods delivered already.
    Must go and cancel that hand sanitiser order now - don't really need it.

I'll put it down a little payment for putting up with their crap on prime day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

I got €10 for purchasing the hand sanitiser from a small business. Spent it on prime day, goods delivered already.
    Must go and cancel that hand sanitiser order now - don't really need it.

I'll put it down a little payment for putting up with their crap on prime day.
    I can’t help thinking there are better ways to give two fingers to Amazon than messing around a small business just trying to make a living.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,882 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

brophs wrote: »
    I can’t help thinking there are better ways to give two fingers to Amazon than messing around a small business just trying to make a living.

the small business didn't give him the tenner

Advertisement