Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Looking to buy Renault Clio

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Comment_below

3Win wrote: »

I had a 2016 Clio Dynamique S .9 Turbo 90bho, they are a fantastic car and reliable.

Mine was the top of the range with the 0.9 turbo (90bhp) engine that actually had more power than the 1.2 non turbo (70bhp). The 1.2 is sometimes criticised as being too slow for over taking etc. I think the .9 is cheaper to insure too.

The one you linked is a base spec one. I would pick the below Clio over the one you linked for similar money with the .9 tce engine.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/renault-clio-dynamique-s-nav/28047565

• Registered Users Posts: 22 3Win

Thanks. Any major difference between these 2 variants?
    I had a 2016 Clio Dynamique S .9 Turbo 90bho, they are a fantastic car and reliable.

Mine was the top of the range with the 0.9 turbo (90bhp) engine that actually had more power than the 1.2 non turbo (70bhp). The 1.2 is sometimes criticised as being too slow for over taking etc. I think the .9 is cheaper to insure too.

The one you linked is a base spec one. I would pick the below Clio over the one you linked for similar money with the .9 tce engine.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/renault-clio-dynamique-s-nav/28047565

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

On the uk versions anyway, this is the difference between the Dynamique and Dynamique S

Climate control
    Rear parking sensors
    17-inch alloy wheels
    Electric front and rear windows
    Front armrest
    60:40 split-folding rear seats
    Chrome window surrounds
    Electric folding door mirrors

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭Bigus

You could buy a brand new Dacia Sandero for similar money to the 18 Clio , and its a new model Clio underneath, getting rave reviews on the YouTube motoring reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Is the estate version available here ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

They sold the last model here, but I’ve never seen a current model estate.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,563 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

0lddog wrote: »

Nope they never sold that estate model here. No idea why it was a good looking estate.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Never for some reason, they are relatively common in spain , france and continent. I would imagine they would do alright here sales wise, their megane tourer certainly seems to shift decent numbers.

That's a very good looking estate!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

AMKC wrote: »
    No idea why it was a good looking estate.
    They offered the previous generation here new as an estate and it sold like hot cakes made of dog sh!t, I assumed they learned their lesson.

Later versions were much nicer styling but the market had moved on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

That's a very good looking estate!

Isnt it...wouldnt have taken the photos if it hadnt struck me at the time :)

You just talked me into attaching the full size snaps of it :D

Isnt it...wouldnt have taken the photos if it hadnt struck me at the time :)

You just talked me into attaching the full size snaps of it :D

Then again, they currently offer the practical and good looking Renault Scenic yet people flock to the frumpy, ugly (imo) less practical Kadjar. I never understand why the current Scenic hasn't sold well.

1200px-Renault_Grand_Scenic_Monrepos_2018_IMG_0059.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

The scenic is practical , but the high roof line just gives it the people carrier (Bus) vibe vs the estates or the MPV

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Notch000

Then again, they currently offer the practical and good looking Renault Scenic yet people flock to the frumpy, ugly (imo) less practical Kadjar. I never understand why the current Scenic hasn't sold well.

1200px-Renault_Grand_Scenic_Monrepos_2018_IMG_0059.jpg

all the modern alloys with the black paint inserts look like dog S***

Advertisement