Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrading Water treatment system

Options
  • 18-06-2021 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,

I'm looking to upgrade my water treatment system as the current percolation isnt working.

Two options

new BAF system with pressurised percolation area (100M2)

or

keep the current septic tank and pump and install 2 purraflo modules and gravel polishing filter.

Any suggestions on which might be the better approach.

Comments

anto_mac1 wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm looking to upgrade my water treatment system as the current percolation isnt working.

Two options

new BAF system with pressurised percolation area (100M2)

or

keep the current septic tank and pump and install 2 purraflo modules and gravel polishing filter.

Any suggestions on which might be the better approach.

If space isn't an issue.
    The second prob cheaper whole life cycle analysis.
    You're pumping on both.

So the first is a passive system. Desludge now and then
    Second has maintenance and energy costs, things to break in it.

Edit. Why isn't the percolation working? Can that be replaced?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 anto_mac1

After getting the septic tank desludged good amount of water was coming back from the percolation area.
    Unfortunately, I got someone to do some work on the percolation area last year but it was poorly done and needs to be redone.

Is a combination of puraflo modules and pressurised percolation a good option ?

anto_mac1 wrote: »
    After getting the septic tank desludged good amount of water was coming back from the percolation area.
    Unfortunately, I got someone to do some work on the percolation area last year but it was poorly done and needs to be redone.

Is a combination of puraflo modules and pressurised percolation a good option ?

Avoid a mechanical unit if you can.

Is it not either a puraflow or pressurised system? Either should work if you soil is OK. If not, maybe replace the soil under your puraflow with gravel

Advertisement