Advertisement
How to add spoiler tags, edit posts, add images etc. How to - a user's guide to the new version of Boards
Mods please check the Moderators Group for an important update on Mod tools. If you do not have access to the group, please PM Niamh. Thanks!

Anxiety and depression thread (Please read OP)

1303305307308309

Comments



  • It's been going on for weeks now, and it's especially frustrating in that I'm meant to be helping someone out on a project, since March. I've been working away at it (its not paid, just doing a favour) but it feels like I'm slow as hell on it. Like, I've had all sorts of stuff happen that's thrown me off, and this in turn messed me up.

    be kind to yourself, you re doing your best, sleep deprivation is horrible, i become virtually non functioning from it




  • Argh can't see last posts. Anyway got the strongest blast of depression yesterday evening, really sudden, really strong, had to leave the house. Felt like I was bursting out of my skin.. Awful experience and no amount of skills was going to tackle it..




  • Argh can't see last posts. Anyway got the strongest blast of depression yesterday evening, really sudden, really strong, had to leave the house. Felt like I was bursting out of my skin.. Awful experience and no amount of skills was going to tackle it..

    How are you now, Grem? *hugs*




  • Argh can't see last posts. Anyway got the strongest blast of depression yesterday evening, really sudden, really strong, had to leave the house. Felt like I was bursting out of my skin.. Awful experience and no amount of skills was going to tackle it..

    ..ive only recently discovered the experience of 'depression attacks', is this what you could be experiencing, unsure if ive experienced them myself?




  • Wanderer78 wrote: »
    ..ive only recently discovered the experience of 'depression attacks', is this what you could be experiencing, unsure if ive experienced them myself?

    I'd always have called them mood swings in my usual way of underselling things..


  • Advertisement


  • I'd always have called them mood swings in my usual way of underselling things..

    I haven't had one of those sudden, catastrophic drops in mood in a long time, but remember well the sense of utter despair and emptiness and bleakness. They can be very frightening, sometimes more so in retrospect. Keep an eye on this, Grem. Anymore of these episodes get onto your psychiatrist and be sure to keep your partner clued in. Hope you're feeling a bit better now. *Hugs*




  • Well folks i do not recommend splitting antidepressants. Today i have had worst stomach cramps of my life, generally feel awful etc. Back to the drawing board and back up to 10mg tomorrow. Got to be extremely careful with these drugs.




  • fr336 wrote: »
    Well folks i do not recommend splitting antidepressants. Today i have had worst stomach cramps of my life, generally feel awful etc. Back to the drawing board and back up to 10mg tomorrow. Got to be extremely careful with these drugs.

    When I was waning off Prozsc, (which can't be split as it's a capsule) I just took one on alternate days when my dose was halfed. Dont know if you can do that with cipramil, bit hou could check with your GP.




  • Sardonicat wrote: »
    When I was waning off Prozsc, (which can't be split as it's a capsule) I just took one on alternate days when my dose was halfed. Dont know if you can do that with cipramil, bit hou could check with your GP.

    I did try this but felt so spaced out even on just the first day i didn't take it! Did you go one every second day, third day etc? How did it feel, you got used to missing doses?




  • fr336 wrote: »
    I did try this but felt so spaced out even on just the first day i didn't take it! Did you go one every second day, third day etc? How did it feel, you got used to missing doses?

    If I remember correctly, at that time I was on 40mg, which is two capsules, so at the start of coming off them I alternated 40mg/20mg for a fortnight, then, 20mg for a fortnight, then 20mg every second day. Yes, initially there were the spaced our feelings and the head shudders but when you taper off slowly it's a much gentler and faster process. Unfortunately, these withdrawals are part and parcel of SSRIs. I think you've experienced that a tiny dose can actually make you feel worse. I really think you should try the alternate days route and check back in with your gp about how gradually you can do it. If you plan your first 'no meds' day for a day when you can stay at home, you should be all right. The first day is usually the worst and it gets easier after that. Good luck with it.


  • Advertisement


  • Sardonicat wrote: »
    If I remember correctly, at that time I was on 40mg, which is two capsules, so at the start of coming off them I alternated 40mg/20mg for a fortnight, then, 20mg for a fortnight, then 20mg every second day. Yes, initially there were the spaced our feelings and the head shudders but when you taper off slowly it's a much gentler and faster process. Unfortunately, these withdrawals are part and parcel of SSRIs. I think you've experienced that a tiny dose can actually make you feel worse. I really think you should try the alternate days route and check back in with your gp about how gradually you can do it. If you plan your first 'no meds' day for a day when you can stay at home, you should be all right. The first day is usually the worst and it gets easier after that. Good luck with it.

    Thanks a mil!




  • fr336 wrote:
    Well folks i do not recommend splitting antidepressants. Today i have had worst stomach cramps of my life, generally feel awful etc. Back to the drawing board and back up to 10mg tomorrow. Got to be extremely careful with these drugs.


    I've been splitting sertraline for about a year now, tis all good with me




  • Have to admit I dread the thoughts of a med change.. Hopefully it goes ok for you.




  • Have to admit I dread the thoughts of a med change.. Hopefully it goes ok for you.


    Well I made it 30 miles to London on my own today so take that Citalopram!




  • Am at work, had another strong bout of despair type feeling. Getting here was hard.. Coming around a little now but it's fragile i think so just chill tunes on..




  • Am at work, had another strong bout of despair type feeling. Getting here was hard.. Coming around a little now but it's fragile i think so just chill tunes on..

    Have you got tunein radio installed? 'ambient sleeping pill' is a good station, can't beat rte chill either!




  • Just picking bits from youtube, got a lot listed and pretty decent suggested stuff because of it.. Hope you are well..




  • I've been prescribed Escitalopram but the side effects warnings were a bit of a shock so I haven't started yet, although I had a bad day today and wish I had. Has anyone good experience with it?




  • Probes wrote: »
    I've been prescribed Escitalopram but the side effects warnings were a bit of a shock so I haven't started yet, although I had a bad day today and wish I had. Has anyone good experience with it?
    Try and not worry too much about the long list of side effects. If you believed them all you'd never take any medication ever.




  • What Apache said, reading the leaflet is sensible, however a lot of the side effects are an extremely rare risk..


  • Advertisement


  • Probes wrote: »
    I've been prescribed Escitalopram but the side effects warnings were a bit of a shock so I haven't started yet, although I had a bad day today and wish I had. Has anyone good experience with it?

    Based on my own experience and what my doctors have told me, expect an up to 8 week period to feel the full effects. I'm not on it anymore but was great while it lasted, best of luck give me a shout anytime




  • Thanks everyone, I was going to start it tonight but weirdly I’m feeling the best I have for a couple of months right now so it’s made me reluctant to start it, I’ll see how tomorrow is and start it tomorrow night.




  • Just started on medication two weeks ago. Been dealing with a mild to moderate depression for years now but only really faced up to it because online college stopped me in my tracks. I started on Vortioxetine, 10mg, which apparently is kinda uncommon especially as a first medication, but it’s worked a treat. Some side effects, slightly longer to eh, you know, but otherwise fine. Obviously I’m conscious it could wane but I’m hopeful. Can’t help but feel I’m incredibly lucky too.




  • I think myself and my psychiatrist have reached the end of our journey. How easy or difficult is it to get a referrel from one place to another?
    And of course you have to be smart and use your words wisely.




  • Going to Citalopram every second day for a month...wish me luck and no dizziness...




  • fr336 wrote: »
    Going to Citalopram every second day for a month...wish me luck and no dizziness...

    down to 50mg of sertraline now, mood wobbled a little at first, but all good now, best of luck




  • Wanderer78 wrote: »
    down to 50mg of sertraline now, mood wobbled a little at first, but all good now, best of luck


    And to you!




  • apache wrote: »
    I think myself and my psychiatrist have reached the end of our journey. How easy or difficult is it to get a referrel from one place to another?
    And of course you have to be smart and use your words wisely.
    Got the referrel. No problems. Used my words wisely. Just a waiting game now until I am seen.




  • My work place had a meeting yesterday to talk about hybrid working and I feel so nervous about going back. I'm looking for other work but there isn't anything. I'm on 10mg of Citalopram for ongoing digestive issues.


  • Advertisement


  • My anxiety and OCD been doing a number with me lately. I'm washing my hands more than normal, my anxiety is crazy, and seems like every couple of days I sleep about 24 hours.



Advertisement