Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shocking abuse of amplifiers in John Roberts square.

Options
  • 20-06-2021 7:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭

Joy is there nearly 24/7 singing her jazz. Last week there was a guy off his face in drugs singing off his phone with a mic and amplifier.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Joy is there nearly 24/7 singing her jazz. Last week there was a guy off his face in drugs singing off his phone with a mic and amplifier.

I’m all for buskers, and always give them money, but amplification should be banned on the main shopping streets. I feel sorry for anyone who’s performing pure acoustic getting drowned out by someone’s recorded backing track down the street.

Would be good cover for banning the crowd that say mass, and also yer man preaching eternal damnation, although I haven’t seen him in a good while.

While we’re at it, I hope they don’t bring back that Summer In The City thing where they have loud bands every Saturday afternoon. It ruins the atmosphere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭914

Aren't amplifiers already banned? I thought they were banned to stop that lad who was preaching a while back.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

I think the bands playing one off organised events adds to the atmosphere.

Busking - of all kinds - fine. But amplified busking - no.

And Jazz of any type, in any venue, even played in the privacy of your own home should be a prosecutable offence.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Flow Motion

Quigs Snr wrote: »

And Jazz of any type, in any venue, even played in the privacy of your own home should be a prosecutable offence.

Jazz is excusable and enjoyable if you happen to be smoking a jazz woodbine at the same time !
    Miles Davis & John Coltrane are two pretty cool purveyors of the genre though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Junior

Quigs Snr wrote: »
    I think the bands playing one off organised events adds to the atmosphere.

Busking - of all kinds - fine. But amplified busking - no.

Quigs for President.

Platform "I'm going to ban Jazz"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Hodger

You must obviously work in the area if you notice Joy being there so much. She uses backing music she sings to when performs I don,t see what the issue is with her busking and other buskers they add to the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

Hodger wrote: »
    You must obviously work in the area if you notice Joy being there so much. She uses backing music she sings to when performs I don,t see what the issue is with her busking and other buskers they add to the area.

I don't work in the area but I'm in town regularly. She's there nearly everyday. It's not even fair on other buskers if she has her amp on and in the same place every day. Her whiny voice gets annoying after a while. This is what happens when laws aren't enforced.

There was a man last week clearly off is face on drugs signing off his phone into a microphone. That's not music, it's a public nuisance.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭deise121

Hodger wrote: »

NIMBYism is his issue. It's this bloody country's issue

• Registered Users Posts: 37,872 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

That band today were really taking the piss with the volume they had there amps

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

deise121 wrote: »
    NIMBYism is his issue. It's this bloody country's issue

I think you need to tell us what you really think, no sugar coating....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

No amps should be allowed. It is taking the piss. At least if you don't like it then you won't be subjected to it on different streets. Personally I won't go to any cafe in the surrounding area when that whiney joy one is around. Sooner the cops shut down the amplified "buskers" the better.

Advertisement