Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Window boards yes or no

• 10-06-2021 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭

Currently renovating and replacing windows. Now the debate is whether or not to replace the window boards. They were brown pvc and we are changing to white. Husband keen to skip and just get them plastered as overall look is minimal, clean lines. I like the look but I'm always thinking practically , maintenance, cleaning. Thoughts welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 449 ✭✭ec_pc

Will this look tie in with the rest of the house or will it look unfinished as in you just didn't bother to fit the window boards. Other aspect to consider is wear and tear, a wooden window board will be far more forgiving than a plaster finish.

Also consider the usage they might get - I personally know a 4 and 8 year old that seem to spend their lives standing on the window boards in our house (big windows, all low to the ground)

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭misc2013

They should fit in with the refurb. I get what you are saying but no windows low enough to stand on. Have smallies too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,105 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Get window boards. Plastered on will get destroyed in a few years chips etc

listermint wrote: »
    Get window boards. Plastered on will get destroyed in a few years chips etc

Is it a big job to do later on if necessary? We had to make e the decision before getting any replies here. We're tiling the bathroom windows as both are floor to ceiling tiles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,105 ✭✭✭✭listermint

misc2013 wrote: »
    Is it a big job to do later on if necessary? We had to make e the decision before getting any replies here. We're tiling the bathroom windows as both are floor to ceiling tiles.

Certainly not no. Easily done

• Advertisement

listermint wrote: »
    Certainly not no. Easily done

That's something at least. We'd just go flush boards if we felt we needed to down the road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭LenWoods

if your looking for pre finished window boards i recommend this place,
    i bought pre-varnished solid oak boards from them in the past they also do white

Link: http://agnewtimber.com/

Advertisement