Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

F1 2021 Round 7 : French GP (Paul Ricard)

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

There’s a yellow thunderstorms warning in the area which will still be in place in time for the start of the race.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,547 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

MadYaker wrote: »
    Max's pole lap, so smooth!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gq5-tSxKIcE&ab_channel=FORMULA1

3rd in the drivers championship is no better than average? Do you know how many drivers there are in the championship?

Ah. That's so basic, you're ignoring the difference between cars. He's beating Bottas and that's good. He's miles off Max's pace and max is the benchmark.

I think he's meeting expectations but the expectations aren't to be a top tier driver. He just needs to be able to stay within a pitstop window of Hamilton after the first round of pitstops. That's not a mark of a great driver.

He's average enough (and very likeable) which some people mistake for being very good. He's not very good. Average-above average. Not top tier, not in the second tier of drivers like Norris either. Towards the top of the average drivers on the grid - which is nothing to sneeze at.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,648 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Ah. That's so basic, you're ignoring the difference between cars. He's beating Bottas and that's good. He's miles off Max's pace and max is the benchmark.

I think he's meeting expectations but the expectations aren't to be a top tier driver. He just needs to be able to stay within a pitstop window of Hamilton after the first round of pitstops. That's not a mark of a great driver.

He's average enough (and very likeable) which some peopepistake for being very good. He's not very good. Average-above average. Not top tier, not in the second tier of drivers like Norris either. Towards the top of the average drivers on the grid - which is nothing to sneeze at.

Jesus what a steaming pile of nonsense for a Sunday morning. Top 10 in the championship for the last 7 seasons but yeah one qualifying result and you called it, he's average average

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭Harika

Faugheen wrote: »
    There’s a yellow thunderstorms warning in the area which will still be in place in time for the start of the race.

F3 race is so wet, that if the rain stops now, intermediate start. Even if dried, kerbs will be wet and treacherous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Checo was brought in to be a two number driver and cause the mercs some problems which Albon and Gasly couldn't do

Harika wrote: »
    F3 race is so wet, that if the rain stops now, intermediate start. Even if dried, kerbs will be wet and treacherous

Track is bone dry now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

He's average enough (and very likeable) which some peopepistake for being very good. He's not very good. Average-above average. Not top tier, not in the second tier of drivers like Norris either. Towards the top of the average drivers on the grid - which is nothing to sneeze at.

2 race wins
    Multiple podiums with midfield teams

Average?

Get a grip of yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 14,648 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

No gearbox change needed for Schumacher after his qualy shunt but Tsunoda unsurprisingly does need a new one, he'll start from pitlane

skipper_G wrote: »
    Jesus what a steaming pile of nonsense for a Sunday morning. Top 10 in the championship for the last 7 seasons but yeah one qualifying result and you called it, he's average average

One qualifying result... that kinda sums it up. I haven't said he's average because of this qualifying result. I said he is miles off max pace yesterday and he's Average-above average based on his overall career. Then some posters said he did a great job yesterday (he didn't, he's half a second off his teammate). Then the conversation changed to be about his overall performance.

He's a good no.2 driver.

pjohnson wrote: »
    How do people still fall for that shtick in every damn F1 thread.

Perez is exactly what Red Bull have been desperate to get for years.

I doubt Horner is crying over a intra-team time deficit when his drivers are 1st and 3rd with the team itself 1st.

Of course he's not crying bout a half second deficit this race. Half a second back from Max is good enough for 4th this weekend. The last 2 RB lads were half a second off Max and they started much further back because RB wasn't as good. You follow the sport, you know this stuff.

• Advertisement

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    2 race wins
    Multiple podiums with midfield teams

Average?

Get a grip of yourself

He's OK. Average-above average. Not top tier or in the next batch of drivers like Noris. Do you think he's as good as noris? Noris hasn't won any races...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,870 ✭✭✭✭klose

Sainz with a big lock up and a flat spotted rear in the drive up to the grid, yikes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Nice to see Brundle back on the grid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,086 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

So now they've trimmed down the brake magic button too much for Lewis :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Zookey123

If the F3 race is anything to go by this could be a cracker. Hopefully we might see some weather too could be very interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Those Ferraris look so much better without the green MW ****e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,292 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

I can see rain specks on a camera

I can see rain specks on a camera

Would love some rain

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Rainy looking ATM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,338 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

The french national anthem is one of the better anthems up there with the Italian one.

Fairly windy, looking at the flags and the fly by!

Great drying weather but not that great for f1 cars.

Was just coming in to say the same thing. Imagine there will be a few strong gusts thrown in there as well.

Oh this could be a great opening lap.

Ted is being ignored by team owners.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

How Ted Kravitz has avoided being punched yet by one of the team's crew is beyond me! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,572 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

BrentMused wrote: »
    How Ted Kravitz has avoided being punched yet by one of the team's crew is beyond me! :pac:

Love if someone threw an elbow when he was coming in behind them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,703 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Ted is being ignored by team owners.

Helmut totally blanking him

So weather “will hit” mid way through the race. I’d love to see some wet weather to shake things up.

Only a 10% chance of rain during the race, according to race control.

Seems it's being hyped up a lot more than the reality.

• Advertisement

**** sake.

Oh Max.

Ah feck sake Max

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Ah Max

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Fux sake Max!!

That's it now. It's a procession. Lewis win. FFS

Makes it interesting

At least Max won't be further punished for not using an escape road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,329 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Terrible mistake by Max.

Hamilton complaining about tyres already. What a surprise.

Max did really well after doing not so well, could have ended up much worse that.

Fastest lap as he tries to get within drs for when it is switched on.

Zookey123 wrote: »
    If the F3 race is anything to go by this could be a cracker. Hopefully we might see some weather too could be very interesting.

Often a bad sign. Support races tend to be good in places like Hungary and tracks that don't suit F1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭McFly85

Come on safety car/heavy rain/Mercedes pit disaster!

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Terrible mistake by Max.

Hamilton complaining about tyres already. What a surprise.

Lack of grip =/= tyres. It can be a number of factors. That radio message was after a snap of over-steer coming onto the main straight which everyone could see.

Now he's saying he doesn't think they'll go as far as they think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,329 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

"My tyres are dead".

A few other drivers are complaining about lack of grip so its not just max

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭McFly85

Faugheen wrote: »
    Lack of grip =/= tyres. It can be a number of factors. That radio message was after a snap of over-steer coming onto the main straight which everyone could see.

Now he’s complaining about tyres :D

2 laps in and Lewis was complaining about the tyres :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,964 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

namloc1980 wrote: »
    "My tyres are dead".

Translation: "I'm going to walk this."

I think it's been all but confirmed now that "my tyres are dead" means something else entirely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭lolie

Translation: "I'm going to walk this."

Or "i might just pop in a few fastest laps".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,268 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Might be time to cut my losses and go do something else with my Sunday afternoon.

Advertisement